Luxman D-100

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by Wolverine, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine AK Subscriber Subscriber

I was looking for a quality CD player for my Adcom set-up when I came across a Luxman D-100 w/remote on CL. I managed to trade a pair of bookshelf speakers that were not in use for it.

I have seen a few positive comments about Luxman CD players but there does not seem to be much info on this one. Build quality seems to be quite good and I am very impressed with the sound based on my short time with it.

Anyone here familiar with it that could provide some info?
  2. ryuuoh

ryuuoh FFXIV Summoner Subscriber

3. Wolverine

Wolverine AK Subscriber Subscriber

4. Will3

Will3 New Member

Back from the dead.....
    I recently picked one of these D-100 CD players up in excellent physical and playing condition. The only problem is non working touch sensor on the tray door, so now i get to use the OPEN/CLOSE button beside the door...
    It does have an excellent voice, very pleasant to listen to. It definitely sounds a bit different than the DV-45a and DVP-S7700 I compared it to, not in bad way, just smoother (in a good way) I have it in my "80s" system with a Luxman T-100 Tuner (Good Match), Scott A1600 SS Integrated amp (155 wpc, monster transformer), Pioneer PL-670 Direct Drive Turntable (excellent bargain TT w AT-90 cartridge btw), 2 NHT SuperZero speakers and a Klipsch SW12 subwoofer. Can't wait to try this setup with different speakers. Next in the rotation are a set of DLK-1s and a set of Dynaco A-35's, minus subwoofer. I think the D-100 will respond even better to speakers a bit closer to it's age. I'll post back with any differences.