Luxman L-430 stuck in protection. Help please.

it must be caused by something else
This is why they (posters with same issue) are trying to eliminate the actual protect circuit vrs. another cause. Unfortunately there is no voltage references in the sm schema's. There are a few more transistors OP's need to check.

You may have a clue, though
. perhaps not dc issue but over current sense circuit?? wonder if there are any fusible resistor types gone open, if any. like 10ohm typical? without v references kinda a lot of guess work. needless to say day jobs to work on.

Why would you say it's incorrect, I measured, it rises and drops to near zero at turn on and stays in protection- there's something wrong in the protection circuit. I'd like to understand what this AC reference is referring to- that part of the circuit has an SIBV 20 being fed from a tap and another pair of diodes going to the 1uf cap, wouldn't that be DC? I'll measure the bases of those transistors for voltage.

Last edited:
Haven't seen much in the way of voltage checks. FIRST make sure you're using the correct schematic, L-430 and NOT L410. The relay is energized by Q828, what are the voltages on Q828? Q828 is turned ON by Q827, what the voltages on it? Q826 should be ON because the base is connected to the lightly filtered PS of C813 and associated parts. Q829,30 and 31 are the DC detectors and all of them should be OFF. If any of the detectors are ON the base of Q827 will be grounded causing the relay to de-energize. Since there are no voltages on the schematic we'll have to wait until they are checked then we can make some sense out of them. The only voltage that I can determine is the base of Q827 should be about 6.7VDC by way of the 6.1V Zener and D809.

Craig

Last edited:
Reactions: mbz
I just checked the schematics, there are TWO different ones for the L-430!!!!!!! Are both of these L-430s the same? Which schematic should we be using? Are the protection circuit transistors Q82x or Q83x?

Craig

Where? There's an alternate scan which is was better than the first one I downloaded. Same schematic though.

One of the L-430 schematics is labeled FIRST LOT in the lower right corner of page 25. The other schematic doesn't have that and is different. The FIRST LOT schematic has a couple more transistors in the protection circuit.

Craig

Tested all components, passed- hit the relay with 24v and now it comes on with no delay on turn on - shorted q832.

Last edited:
Proof I'm working on one too! LOL....next pic I just acquired these for $100 total. Not starting
them till the Luxman is running. One at a time.

Attachments

• 20190320_190709.jpg
    20190320_190709.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190320_152922.jpg
    20190320_152922.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 18
If these units were not purchased in the same country, they very well could be different versions.

Just got done swapping out a ton of caps. unable to do the two very large and the 4 470uf/100vdc ones.
My warm up light stays on for a long time too....still no relay click. I always double check my cap polarity...not a pretty sight when those blow lol

Back
Top Bottom