Luxman SQ77t mk2 help

iqpi

Hello everyone I'm planning to recap my sq77t but I'm a little confused about the value of the can electrolytic caps. On mine the 3rd and 4th can caps counting from the transformer has a value of 500uf but from what I can see on the net they're "supposed" to have a value of 470uf?. I don't have the schematic so I don't know for sure, I hope that someone will shed some light into this discrepancy.
My caps.
IMG_1601_zpsqnvefcv5.jpg

Other people' caps (Audiovintage.fr)
dsc09563.jpg

Other people's caps (hifido.co.jp)
k.jpg

It's not a discrepancy! 500uF is well within the percentage ratings tolerance range of the 470uF

Replace yours with 500uF. You will never notice a difference.

I'm aware of the 20% tolerance in the older components. Just thought they would use the same value.

The manual has them at 500uF. That being said they are coupling caps as Moving Ahead has observed.
500uF is simply not a modern "preferred" value.
Not sure what mine has, it has originals, and I'm sure they will be marked as 500uF.
This thread reminds me, I should get mine out again.

A bit late but anyway, send me your email address and I'll send you a PDF of the circuit.
From what I can see in your pics, someone has already had a go at replacing some of the "can" caps.
Cheers, Andre

replace to 1000uf /100-200v same as original size cap , e.g. ncc kmg or kmq series , get rich sound much.

Back
Top Bottom