Mac 4100 reversed balance.

mibag6

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi all, I picked this receiver up a while back and I've been slowly sifting through its issues and among them is the fact that the balance control works backwards from what it should. That is, I turn it clockwise and the right channel diminishes in volume and the left increases and vice versa for counter clockwise rotation. I've already checked my speaker connections and they are correct so what do I look at next?

Hello mibag6

Somebody "serviced" this unit and did connect one 3 pins connector in reverse position that why your balance control works in reverse way !

I rather thought it might be something of that nature but I wanted to check here first before diving in. Thanks for your reply!

If you don't want to open it, you could just swap your speaker leads and nobody would know the difference except you (and now us:D)

You could also swap the u shaped jumpers from the preamp to amp section with a short patch cord L to R and R to L......

Check which speaker output is marked left and which is marked right. They are reversed on the back.
Well I'll be danged. You're absolutely right! I peeked around back and moved the AM antenna out of my line of sight and there it was, just like you said.
Does anyone else reverse them like that? (Manufacturers, I mean.) I don't think I've seen that on other gear.

i had one amp here like that .was a rare one from Australia very small company made them . was confusing working on it for a while . everything inside was reversed too .

Back
Top Bottom