Madeleine Peyroux - Careless Love

Dreamland

I recently picked up Dreamland. It is a fine CD showing her talents with more varied musical accompaniments. I prefer Careless Love but Dreamland is also recommended. By the way, Madeleine Peyroux is scheduled to perform at the Monterey Jazz Festival Sunday, September 18, 2005.

I got turned onto Madeleine Peyroux a few years ago when she opened for Melissa Etheredge at The Theater @ Madison Square Garden. I was so impressed that I had to run out to the lobby during intermission and buy Dreamland. It's still in my high rotation list and a great album for when you want to be romantic. I also got a kick even before she hit the stage because her guitar player was using the same Crate Vintage Club Series amp I have! BTW try playing Madeleine's Walkin' in the Moonlight followed by Julie London's Cry Me a River. :thmbsp:

I am in love...

Waking up this thread...

I recently obtained a copy of the MoFi pressing of Careless Love from Seth at soundstagedirect. What a talent, what a marvelous album! I have not listened to the CD but would find it hard to believe that it could sound better than this slab of vinyl.

I'll be picking up a copy of Half the Perfect World as soon as the LP is released.

Bought the same lp and really liked it the first time through - always a good sign.

I just installed a new MC cartridge and think this record will be one of my first for a listen tonight.

Thanks for the tip. I have really enjoyed Careless Love and have ordered Dreamland. Can't wait!

Hi
I just found this thread. All of Madeleine's records are great, but I think the pick of the bunch is the one she did with William Galison in 2003/4 on Wake Up Records entitled "got you on my mind' - it has the bonus of Carly Simon on one track (albeit only just...)
Cheers
Mick

CARELESS LOVE and HALF THE PERFECT WORLD are my favourite albums.
I've listened to all of her albums, but to my ears, she has really struck gold with these two.
Interestingly, I find it hard to pick one over the other. I love them both and have them both on CD and (MOFI) VINYL LP.
Both albums deliver improved sonics on vinyl and CARELESS LOVE may well be one of the best engineered LPs I have ever heard.
For anyone not yet familiar - try BLUE ALERT from HALF THE PERFECT WORLD. It's a LEONARD COHEN classic that finds a life of it's own through Peyroux's steamy interpretation.
MADELEINE PEYROUS Careless Love 2004.jpg
MADELEINE PEYROUX Half The Perfect World.jpg

Back
Top Bottom