Magnavox 300H Concert Grand Console?

The separate power supply might be for the tuner. Could be a three motor 1/2 track tape deck, quality stuff for the day. Pretty expensive speakers in that unit too, Wolverine maybe? Not sure I'd pay a lot of money for it, might need a whole lot of work to get into prime shape, sure is an interesting console though.

I know that I'm not going to be buying it because it is located quite a distance from me.

This is the model that has the disproportional "stereo" amps.
It's not a separate power supply, its a small mono amp that uses 2-6AQ5 tubes.
It has the big Biamp for the internal speakers, but has the small 2-6AQ5 powered amp for the extension/second speaker. I've only seen a couple like this, and it makes no sense, considering how powerful the main amp is.
Magnavox must have felt pressure to make it "stereo" and all there was room for was a small amp.
The next model year has the dual monoblock biamp AMP150 types.

If you have the space for a vintage console stereo, this one would press all the right buttons. Stunning woodwork....much nicer than the typical Magnavox

Can you let me know what your plans are? The West Coast doesn't scare me, I have no issues having it shipped. I have very reliable transport service, who I have used several times before, so PM and let me know.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom