Magnavox Console - fingers crossed - Concert Grand?

schmikka

AK Member
Subscriber
I purchased this over the phone with fingers crossed. Concert Grand? What say you? I have an Imperial that has similar styling but is not as tall so I'm hoping. Will find out tomorrow when I pick it up...

Attachments

• Magnavox Concert Grand.JPG
    Magnavox Concert Grand.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 162
I did. It's a church charity store so I didn't try to haggle. Even if it is a single amp Imperial, it is worth well more than that in parts alone. Thanks for the links!

It might not be a CG but it still looks very nice and I bet it'll sound good too after recapping.

Last edited:
Photo says Magnificent Magnavox and I believe that is what it is. the photo looks nothing like the Concert Grand that I have. From what I have read the Magnificent Magnovox is highly desirable and respected too.

I believe that I have seen at least three different styles of the Concert Grande. You probably won't really know until you get a shot of the back side and see what the amp or amps it uses.

The name "Magnificent Magnavox" was used on almost all of their radios and consoles. My console which has the series AMP175 stereo power amplifier with matching tuner preamp, says "Magnificent Magnavox" printed on the dial glass.

Still haven't picked it up yet, but just ran across this 1958 newspaper ad that also seems to suggest the Fantasia, which, from what I've read has the 182 amp. Will report back when I actually open it up later. Thanks for your responses.

Attachments

• 1958_Magnavox_ad.pdf
    373.9 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom