Magnavox Tube Amps and Cadmium

I'm convinced the current generation is the way they are because they never did stuff like this, poor dears. My whole neighborhood used to turn out for BB gun wars.

No aiming for the face! was the battle cry. I'd come home with bumps on the back of my head the size of quarters and bruises that looked like WW2 RAF markings -

352px-RAF_Type_A_Roundel_ww2.svg_.jpg

...anyways, back to cadmium. I'm sure I've inhaled/ingested it. Looking forward to a few less years in adult diapers.

Well, that explains a lot of your issues.
Who said venting on forums is not therapeutic?

In high school i would sometimes wander the halls with an eye patch asking....

Ahoy, Matey! Have you seen the white whate!
In high school I was given a wheel chair. Didn't need it but it was fun to take to parties. Wheel around in it half the night then suddenly get up and walk around. This after asking everyone around me if they could please get me a beer. :biggrin: I'm suprised I never got punched out.

When I hear the line 'Let's be careful out there,' I feel sorry that Michael Conrad was struck down with cancer anyway. Hill Street Blues was a great show.

I worked around welders for many years. I don't remember any of them wearing masks except for the guys using arc cutters using carbon rods blasting through 1" or thicker steel.

Depends on what/where they are welding in The ship repair industry. Most times rigid duct suction right at the stinger vented all the way outside and sometimes still a respirator. Most of our guys just wear them. They figure why suck on heavy metals.

I worked in a Shipyard in B-more in late 70's / early 80's in the Medical and Industrial Safety Dept's. Had a HELL of a Time getting Welders and Burners to wear respirators when welding. Had to keep the Supervisors on the ball too, as they wouldn't keep an eye on them. I finally had to go to the foreman, Shop stewards,and the Ship supt's on 4 different jobs, that I would start pulling welders and burners off jobs and send them home for the day (after being checked by medical) without pay. HOLY Crap. Actually got the Union to back me up too, as OSHA was breathing down MY Neck. It got results too.

Back
Top Bottom