managed to crash my car today

So if he didn't hit the brake pedal, it sounds to me like his car malfunctioned, and that shouldn't be your fault.
its my fault in the eyes of the insurance companies . i know his car is one of those that cuts the engine when stopped in traffic . maybe its something to do with it .. irrelevant anyway its happened now and i am dealing with it . insurance should pay for his car . if i tried to claim i would be charged £300 excess plus i would have to give them my car and get nothing back . its fully comp insurance . its a sure rip off .

Sounds similar to merging onto a freeway. Sometimes people slow or stop for no reason while the rest of us are accelerating. Leads to just what happened to you. Glad you are ok.

Looking a lot better already, but the real pain will come with your next insurance renewal.... they'll have their 'pound of flesh' back one way or the other !

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Get yourself a nice Ford Capri Laser owned by some old fellow. Rip out the 1600/2000 engine and put in a Rover V8 or a Sierra Cosworth engine and gearbox. You'll have much more fun...

Lee.

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Get yourself a nice Ford Capri Laser owned by some old fellow. Rip out the 1600/2000 engine and put in a Rover V8 or a Sierra Cosworth engine and gearbox. You'll have much more fun...

Lee.
capris look nice if early one but a bit loose on the rear end . not my idea of fun . 2000 pinto engines are pretty good .

There can't be too many of those Mondeos around now. I rented one about 20 years ago when my Capri was off the road, and drove it up to Manchester. Nice car, it only had a few hundred miles on the clock I seem to remember.

Lee.

There can't be too many of those Mondeos around now. I rented one about 20 years ago when my Capri was off the road, and drove it up to Manchester. Nice car, it only had a few hundred miles on the clock I seem to remember.

Lee.
not many mk1 mondeos about now . mines just gone past 190 thousand miles .

Sorry to hear about that Pete. I had a minor bump last November, tipped a cyclist off his bike at about 10mph when pulling out of a T junction; low autumn sun and all that. Luckily a passing doctor stopped at the scene and examined him right there but he decided to go for a personal injury claim, sore neck and shoulder etc. The material damage was or should have been about £75 but god knows what the actual claim is. I renew my insurance in about 3 weeks so I'll find out then.

Your hood (bonnet) looks entirely repairable from here (n.e.ohio, usa). A little rubber mallet or slide-hammer, a bit of body filler, rattle-can paint... or will your MOT guy give ya shiite next time you're up for it?

Your hood (bonnet) looks entirely repairable from here (n.e.ohio, usa). A little rubber mallet or slide-hammer, a bit of body filler, rattle-can paint... or will your MOT guy give ya shiite next time you're up for it?
yes i have considered filling it .or bling it up with a home made bonnet bra .or cover it in fake grass . no rush as it opens and closes fine now after rubber hammer treatment . second hand ones are cheap to buy but too far away to drive right now . shipping is 5x value of item . .. more rush is other things i need to do ..new coil spring .lower suspension arm . rack end . and maybe a wheel bearing . this all found looking why there is wheel wobble braking at high speed . all simple things as have tools ready . apart from rack end tool . suppose i could get my neighbour to knock one up if not easy with stilsons .

Yeah, I hate finding other service issues while on a different mission. Finally pulled the winter wheels off my old volvo wagon today, (I think/hope it ain't gonna snow any more!) & found a leaky rear shock. The real shock is replacement around $300 or so! (Per side!)
That's probably as much or more than the new bilsteins I put on my '94 xj6 last year, including the spring compressor. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom