Manual error threads

wurlyman

Is there any way in the error threads to search only for a specific model's errors? It's a pain to have to go through all of the entries. Maybe I'm missing something?

Yep. Go to the thread. Open the search box and enter your term. Then check the box that says search this thread only. :thumbsup:

Couldn't get that to work but thanks, apparently there are no error threads on the 4240. I might also add that there are no schems for it that show voltages. How does a tech repair one?

Just double checked and no entries in the error thread for 4240. Doesn’t seem that unusual given the general lack of popularity for the small/mid range quads.

I did see another member offered to measure his working 4240 for you. Might be the only option. Otherwise it might mean measuring one channel against another to find the issue.

Good luck with your repair/restoration.

Mike

Couldn't get that to work but thanks, apparently there are no error threads on the 4240. I might also add that there are no schems for it that show voltages. How does a tech repair one?

A service manual is a guide and some are better than others.

A good tech knows circuits and can repair without much manual support.

A great tech can look at a unit or circuit and know what to find and figure out voltages themselves.

When I could fix gear without a manual, I decided I might know enough to work on other people’s stuff. For the most part, I only need a manual to get factory settings on the amps.

Units with separate boards for the sub-systems are fairly easy to work on without a manual. Once you get enough knowledge and experience, you can recognize which board is what and look in the right place for the problem.

Electronics repair is a skill and an art. Not something you can learn quickly.

Just double checked and no entries in the error thread for 4240. Doesn’t seem that unusual given the general lack of popularity for the small/mid range quads.

I did see another member offered to measure his working 4240 for you. Might be the only option. Otherwise it might mean measuring one channel against another to find the issue.

Good luck with your repair/restoration.

Mike

Thanks Mike,
I may have already found the culprit, blown fuse on one of the amps. Previous owner told me his step son cranked the volume and it quit. Put in all new fuses but haven't tested yet.
Stu

A service manual is a guide and some are better than others.

A good tech knows circuits and can repair without much manual support.

A great tech can look at a unit or circuit and know what to find and figure out voltages themselves.

When I could fix gear without a manual, I decided I might know enough to work on other people’s stuff. For the most part, I only need a manual to get factory settings on the amps.

Units with separate boards for the sub-systems are fairly easy to work on without a manual. Once you get enough knowledge and experience, you can recognize which board is what and look in the right place for the problem.

Electronics repair is a skill and an art. Not something you can learn quickly.

I wish I wasn't in the 'Autumn' of my life, but I'm going to press on and learn as much as I can anyway. It's a really enjoyable and relaxing hobby.

Back
Top Bottom