Marantz 1150d Integrated - Worth investing in ? - 1150(d) user feedback appreciated.

Bostown

Low End Audio Enthusiast!
Subscriber
I recently acquired a Marantz 1150d integrated. physically it's in decent shape with nothing broken off or anything, could certainly use some external TLC but overall not too shabby.

Internally? well that's another story. It's pretty grubby in there, I've certainly seen worse.

A recap, internal detailing/cleaning etc is in order , and since I'm no tech, I need to decide if it's investment worthy. I've never owned any older marantz gear and I'm not terribly familiar with this unit. ( there's not a whole lot of information out there). Bottom line, is It's either a candidate for my excessive amp collection or hasta la bye bye!

Any current 1150d / 1150 care to weigh in and share their experience and/or knowledge on this unit.

Here's the little monster in question: ( hefty little bugger, and it's cosmetics are starting to grow on me).

_DSC8303.JPG

_DSC8307.JPG

_DSC8304.JPG

I think the 1150 is related to the 2275 amp section. You can't go wrong restoring it. Hope that dual filter cap is OK, not much space to fit a two cap custom job in there.

it was a lot worse, but it is working... well... mostly. the right channel is faint (I'm thinking the re-cap, should eradicate that issue) - it's not amplifier related it's at the pre-amp level so it must be old dried out components in the signal path.

Anyone using one of these units in their system currently?
Perhaps I should have posted in the vintage solid state area for better thread visibility?

Back
Top Bottom