Marantz 18 black faceplate

Yes, we can make laser etched/engraved black faceplates for the Marantz 18 if there is enough interest .
I will need a faceplate for a template to get measurements if someone is willing to let me borrow one and I'll send it back.
Bob

Yes, we can make laser etched/engraved black faceplates for the Marantz 18 if there is enough interest .
I will need a faceplate for a template to get measurements if someone is willing to let me borrow one and I'll send it back.
Bob

I have one here. I would want original color for myself.

Tony

So Tony ,you want one that is silver like original?

Bob

Yes. I look at black gear all day every day. Just let me know when an where to send it. The lettering is messed up so it will not be good for scanning the graphics. This one need the Marantz label in the middle replaced as well.
IMG_4073.JPG
Tony

Last edited:
I will need a complete one with decent lettering to scan it and the badge plate.
It will not be harmed in any way and will be returned in the same condition as it is now.

Bob

I have been working on a new face plate in the original finish. I recieved a batch however I was not happy with the anodization color.. It had a weird rainbow look to it. The bottom picture is one of the better looking ones but it still was not perfect, it's hard to see the rainbow in the picture. The shop I am using has a laser engraver and cutting system so that part works ok. The plates are sent out to get anodized at another shop, making it more of a problem.

I asked the metal shop that is worlking on it to also make a set in black with white lettering. If I can't get something back that looks decent soon maybe I can send the files to WLHD1610 (Bob) to get some made up.

31310189020_7c69765749_b.jpg

30874907183_b1c58fd271_b.jpg

35420141724_d1374f9194_b.jpg

Bob
Thanks for the info Bob. I would go for the original silver faceplate - hopefully with the correct and original typeface / font Marantz used. As well, I would be interested in a black faceplate for the 2270 and 2235. You can email me the details at sfakia5@hotmail.com Regards, Dan

These are how the black and silver Model 18 faceplates turned out.
Outstanding graphics,fit and finish!
(they are not glued in place yet in these pics)

5h10OMb.jpg

ZZUfE2S.jpg

VRzN5TW.jpg

aKEro9a.jpg

V2s2nyB.jpg

h0OOPej.jpg

Now I just need a couple Model 18's of my own to put them on ! :D

5h10OMb.jpg

ZZUfE2S.jpg

VRzN5TW.jpg

aKEro9a.jpg

V2s2nyB.jpg

h0OOPej.jpg

When can I buy the blackplate?

5h10OMb.jpg

ZZUfE2S.jpg

VRzN5TW.jpg

aKEro9a.jpg

V2s2nyB.jpg

h0OOPej.jpg

WOW! Those look great. I really like how the silver came out.

Back
Top Bottom