Marantz 2110 Scope

Richs_Trains

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hey all,

It has been a while since my last post and I have a request that is most likely difficult. I purchase a reasonably priced Marantz 2110 tuner on the 'auction' site, seller said it was tested and it all good but the scope ;didn't work'. Well .... it does not work because it is not present. I know these are hard to come by and usually prohibitively expensive, but does anyone have a source for a scope or a suggestion for an alternative. I remember a member was creating a digital replacement, but don't know it they completed their experiment and if it would be easy to swap in the 2110. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks Rich

Hey young man!!! It's about time you showed up!! I'm not sure which tube this guy had but the usual replacement tubes for like the 4400 model that are still around these days use a lot more current on the filaments. I have one and sourced the new wiring socket and an outboard toroidal power transformer but that's as far as I got. Hopefully someone has the answer.

Hey Randy,

Thanks for the reply, nice to be missed, still adjusting to the loss of my wife of 38 years in April, but starting to tinker a little again. Just finished a 1070 re-cap and got most of the way through a 4220, but it had a problem that I couldn't fix, so I had to put it in the shop (the SQ/Ambience circuit did not function). Thanks Rich

Welcome back. Sorry for your loss. I know you were in care giver mode for quite some time. Hopefully this hobby and your friends here on AK can help you get back to a little bit of "normal". Good luck with the scope! :beerchug:

Hi Rich,
I didn't realize when we talked last week that you had a broken 2110.
Give me a shout.
I have a very nice 2130 with a blue scope,never had a 2110 but I would imagine it also has a blue scope.
I also have several of those "retrofit" scopes that require a socket change.

Bob

Bob, Thanks for the heads up. Right now I am trying to return the item to the seller. I feel listing with 'scope not working' is very different than 'scope not there'. Kinda like selling a car as not running, when you forget to mention it has no engine. The seller is telling me that I have buyers remorse and don't have the ability to repair the tuner, when in fact, the scope is the most valuable part in the tuner and without it, it is just a plain vanilla tuner. The seller just happened to sell a scope separate at the same time he sold me the tuner sans scope (which I called him on and he called me a psycho). He has called me a cheat and a bully because I told him I would leave negative feedback unless he resolved this, so I won't know for a week or so if I'm keeping it or not (ebay will have to make the determination). Just for grins, PM me with scope costs and if you are willing to part with the 2130. I have a 2110, 150 and 120, but missing the 2130 and 120B. Thanks Rich

Thank you Steven. Did you ever get your corvette back?
Oh yeah. After 8-1/2 weeks on their lift, they finally got the parts and got it put back together. It was out of warranty but Chevy covered it anyway. I got a recall notice on that part about a month later. Anyway, runs great and they didn't even scratch it. Not bad for removal of the entire rear end. :D

And leave negative feedback.
I told him I was going to leave negative feedback and he called my a bully. Selling as 'scope not working' when actually 'scope is not there' is like selling a car with 'engine not running' and finding the 'engine not there'. Have to wait to file the claim, but I will as soon as possible. Thanks Rich

The seller doesn't have a leg to stand on seeing he knowingly sold the scope that went to that receiver separately. I never understood sellers that sell half truths. The buyer is going to get it! Strange behavior.

The seller doesn't have a leg to stand on seeing he knowingly sold the scope that went to that receiver separately. I never understood sellers that sell half truths. The buyer is going to get it! Strange behavior.

Wow,if that's the case then that's outright fraud!
Should definitely be reported to eBay.

Bob

Wow,if that's the case then that's outright fraud!
Don't know for sure if he sold the actual scope from this unit, but he did sell a scope about the same time this tuner was first listed. I am making that jump on my own because there are very few scopes for sale on the bay. I waited and ugraded to a claim as soon as I could, they decided in my favor and sent a return label. I shipped the same day and today was granted a full refund. Thanks everyone Rich

Some of us had a discussion about an LCD replacement for Marantz scopes. The conclusion was the simplest way is to buy a small LCD scope or DIY project scope and install that in place of the tube. I found a couple of DIY scopes that should work. It has to be a 2 input scope with XY capability. If you don't do it that way you get a display and a processor and write your own firmware.

You guys are rock stars. Not only can you restore receivers but "invent" new items. Hope to see these scopes come to light.

Hope you give the proper feedback! Others need to be warned!
Seller states little knowledge of electronics in other listings. But yet seems capable enough to pull parts to sell in other offerings.

Barney

A quote from the new listing.

"Marantz 2110 for parts or repair. Tested functions and outputs and it works great. Missing am antenna. It has a couple bulbs out. Faceplate is excellent. Extremely nice physically. Scope is missing but did work fine fine before the last buyer stole the scope out and returned it. Thanks ebay."

Back
Top Bottom