Marantz 2215B Receiver Value???

Gingahippy

Marantz 2215B Receiver for sale near me, "Just serviced, all lights and controls work as they should. No issues. Sounds amazing."

He is asking for offers. What should I offer him so as not to offend but get a good deal?

Also comes with Marantz 6100 Turntable if needed. How much for both?

The guy is asking $175 for just the amp. Seems like the lowest price based on ebay, including shipping.

Partially recapped as needed.

Last edited:
I would say that's outrageous, but I have long been befuddled by the price folks pay for the Chatsworth (Superscope) Japanese-made Marantz receivers -- especially the smaller ones.

He said he had $200 in it including the service and recapping which makes it a baragin by ebay standards, but I hear you. I passed on it.

IMHO that's a good call... Great receiver but way down on power, and all my thrift store speakers need more power than that to open up. Hell my old Pilot 654 has more power than that.

I bet your thrift store doesn't offer Klipsch Forte, or Cornwall. Or Belle. 2215B would be more than adequate for them.

If you know where this magical thrift store is, hook a brother up. My last thrift speaker mega score was a pair of Infinity RS-5b and those definitely do not qualify.

I don't know, $175 for a fully functioning partially recapped Marantz doesn't sound too bad to me.

A pair high efficiency speakers and your all set.

I passed on it, out of my budget really, especially for such a low powered unit. I've got a Sansui 350a and Kenwood KR6600 coming for less than the cost of the Marantz.

I had a 2215 (not b) for a little while and they drove my ads L400's pretty dang well, you cant crank the bass AND the volume at the same time with it but they'd certainly fill the room with good sound, very good sound.

Almost positive for the price you could have finagled the TT into the deal for next to nothing. Would need more info as to what was partially recapped. I don't think the price was bad, it better have been mint with a mint case. The 2215 is regarded as one of the best sounding Marantz. I've ran a 6600 for a long time, excellent phono stage, but not in the same league as a Marantz.

He had an offer for $360 for both Marantz receiver and turntable. He was looking to get more. I don't do records so that was out for me.

He had an offer for $360 for both Marantz receiver and turntable. He was looking to get more. I don't do records so that was out for me.
There is the Marantz Tax.It applies to vintage Marantz large and small.I had both and sold each for $125.This was around six years ago.I'm sure the price has went up.To me...good gear but not worth what most Marantz go for.

Back
Top Bottom