Marantz 2216 Receiver Price?

wondergrape

There's been a 2216 sitting at $175 on my local craigslist for months.

Now, I need a 2nd receiver, but I know this is very steep.

What's a fair price? Couldn't find much on ebay...

I have found it really depends on condition. I just got a 2215 of ebay 50$ plus 25 shipping, but it needed a little loven. Needs all new lamps a good cleaning and pots cleaned. In clean lamp replaced condition I think $125 is fair. If in excellent minty shape up to 175$ That all being said your local market will dictate prices as well.

I would say $100 in good working condition. Yes, its a Marantz, but it was also the lowest power rating they offered.

there might not be a lot of room if you plan to flip, but $150 is a decent price if it is in good condition. The caveat is that you have to have the speakers or listening environment for the low power.

there might not be a lot of room if you plan to flip, but $150 is a decent price if it is in good condition. The caveat is that you have to have the speakers or listening environment for the low power.

I will be using it in a den, 12' x 16' with Paradigm Titan V4 bookshelf speakers (to start with). Will that work?

I don't know where "some" of you find any Marantz under $100? Because they certainly don't appear much around here. And ebay, forget about it unless you're on a 24/7 watch.

Marantz has got to be the most overpriced, inflated, vintage set of receivers out there. (OK some other TOTL are pretty bad too--but as far as Marantz "anything", even the lower end models are pretty pricey)!

This is not to say that there is anything wrong with Marantz, just that it's overvalued in terms of what people charge for it.

I'm OK, I bit the bullet on "a" unit and I'm done with Marantz. I have a representative in the collection and I'm not chasing any more prices on these receivers.

Even so, 175 sounds a little high. But I'm sure if I sat on ebay for a while I'd see that unit for 200-275. lol

cnh2

I don't know where "some" of you find any Marantz under $100? Because they certainly don't appear much around here. And ebay, forget about it unless you're on a 24/7 watch.

Marantz has got to be the most overpriced, inflated, vintage set of receivers out there. (OK some other TOTL are pretty bad too--but as far as Marantz "anything", even the lower end models are pretty pricey)!

This is not to say that there is anything wrong with Marantz, just that it's overvalued in terms of what people charge for it.

cnh2

You know, I tend to agree with you. I have a Pioneer sx727 which has more than twice as many watts per channel and sounds like heaven. Got it for a hundred bucks and would do it again tomorrow for 150.

But, I'll still try to make this deal work. I'm gonna give him my 2004 Marantz SR4320 receiver (which I got for free) plus $60. Everyone needs at least one silver-faced Marantz, right?

You know, I tend to agree with you. I have a Pioneer sx727 which has more than twice as many watts per channel and sounds like heaven. Got it for a hundred bucks and would do it again tomorrow for 150.

But, I'll still try to make this deal work. I'm gonna give him my 2004 Marantz SR4320 receiver (which I got for free) plus $60.

Everyone needs at least one silver-faced Marantz, right?

There is definitely some truth in that statement! Have fun. Of course, there are those who would advise you to SELL EVERYTHING and "limit" yourself to ONE primo system that is something fantastic. lol They would be "wrong"!

I like those old Pioneers as well. Have an SX-838 in the collection.

cnh2

$125 in good condition is a good price now. These were selling for about $100 five years ago although I seen up to $150 or so.

Marantz is overpriced. A receiver with that low output shouldn't cost more than $100.

You could buy a much better receiver for the same price.

Bought mine for $75. I have seen others go for about that around here-other than the ones that are advertised at a rediculous price and never sell.

I think if you're going to go low powered Marantz, get a 2215B. You would be surprised how well they sound. Me's thinks it sounds better than the 2216B. The 2216B is a good lookin' unit.

Bought my 2215B for $1.... Really. A gal had it on CL for a dollar and I emailed her. She called me. I picked it up in downtown Chicago. It works fine. When I went to pick it up, She said I could have it for free. I paid her a dollar....

Last edited:
BeerLegs, that's incredible. Good on you though, for both getting it for a dollar and giving her a dollar.

I agree on the fair price issue. $175 seems a little high for that receiver. I can attest to the 2215B, great receiver for its wattage, 2216B, not sure.

I have a 2238 now and did a great deal of research here and elsewhere before I approached the seller who had it listed on CL. I did some negotiating before I got him down to 2 stacks. I kick myself for overpaying, but every time I play it, it was worth that. I really wanted it, so I got it.

As stated in another thread here, you can't take your money with you, so enjoy it while you have it. There is always scrilla being printed, but not much more of this vintage gear left around in good condition.

Just now picked one up a 2216b works great and a tt500 Marantz tuner for 20 bucks and he delivered it to me . Man I love this time of year everyone needs money.

Just now picked one up a 2216b works great and a tt500 Marantz tuner for 20 bucks and he delivered it to me . Man I love this time of year everyone needs money.

You were responding to a 5 year old thread!! LOL...

Nice pick up..that's a big score!

Back
Top Bottom