Marantz 2226 Speaker Pairing

MotherSauce1

I'm currently finishing up a restore on my 2226 nothing serious mostly cleaning, changing bulbs etc, all else working as it should! I used to run it on a pair of Klipsch Heresy but I've decided to go with something else once its finished. I'd consider a pair f JBL L26 Decades as MCM_Fan has got me excited about hearing some smaller JBLs.

What does everything think of the pairing? I can secure some L26 locally for not too much $ Anything else you'd all recommend for the 2226?

Personally, I think the L-26's would do well with that receiver. Great early 70's JBL sound and easy to drive. I've got a pair myself and am driving them with a tiny Lepai amp for the bedroom TV which manly plays Pandora. Before that I used 'em with a 2230.

Of course, you may get a plethora of different "opinions". There is no one real answer.

Marantz Imperial 6s, hands down. I have a 2220B and really liked it with some Nova 7s but when I found my Imperial 6s I started loving it. Synergy can be amazing and that is what it is with the 2220B/Imp 6. They can be hard to find but well worth it. There is nothing wrong with going the JBL route of course and they are easier to find since they sold a ton of them........

http://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/loudspeakers-when-is-good-enough-enough-part-1

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

21246185_1634765346543406_6413678118002129091_o.jpg

My first thought is Baby Advents.

Original Large Advents would be good too. If I came across some EPIs I would jump on 'em.

JBLs would be better for headbanging RnR though.

I'm currently finishing up a restore on my 2226 nothing serious mostly cleaning, changing bulbs etc, all else working as it should! I used to run it on a pair of Klipsch Heresy but I've decided to go with something else once its finished. I'd consider a pair f JBL L26 Decades as MCM_Fan has got me excited about hearing some smaller JBLs.

What does everything think of the pairing? I can secure some L26 locally for not too much $ Anything else you'd all recommend for the 2226?

Well, cleaning up a vintage receiver is not restoring one. There are actually people here at AK that actually restore them, so I wouldn't put yourself in the same catagory. Cleaning and replacing a couple of dial lamps is not restoration.

WaynerN you've got to be kidding; please accept my eternal apology for the errors of my ways. Now that I know better (thank you) I'll be referring to myself as a conservationist instead ;)

If all it needed was cleaning and bulbs to be dressed up and looking good, and playing like it should, then call it good. Good and conservationally restored.

WaynerN you've got to be kidding; please accept my eternal apology for the errors of my ways. Now that I know better (thank you) I'll be referring to myself as a conservationist instead ;)

No, you should call your activity for what it really is. You don't need to apologize to anyone.

Marantz 2226 is a fine receiver. Paired with jbl L80t, L100, 4311

Dynaco A25

Anything

More power than 26 watts suggests and very sweet smooth sound.

Back
Top Bottom