Marantz 2265b amplifier problem

Rick83

Hello. I'm an amateur at fixing circuits. With that said, i can unsolder parts and replace them. I don't have the skills to trouble shoot a circuit to find a particular problem with the circuit. If i was told what to look for i could do it. Just don't know where to start. I bought a dead marantz 2265b and am trying to resurrect it. From a discussion on here i was able to find out about the thermal fuse in the transformer and i successfully changed it and now it has power. But now when i tried to set the voltages for the amp i got 1mv for both channels. Neither side will adjust and the speaker relay is not kicking on. I also replaced the relay with a new one. If anyone could help me with where to start or look for something that could be wrong would be greatly appreciated. It's just very odd to me that both sides read the same and won't adjust. Thank you!!

The 2265b is a great unit and well worth getting going!

Have you tested D.C. Offset ahead of the protection relay?
1 mv on what? Bias?
If that's D.C. Offset then relay should pick up if power supplies are working .

Does it light up?
Do you see meter deflection with a simple antenna connected on fm?

Bob

The 2265b is a great unit and well worth getting going!

Have you tested D.C. Offset ahead of the protection relay?
1 mv on what? Bias?
If that's D.C. Offset then relay should pick up if power supplies are working .

Does it light up?
Do you see meter deflection with a simple antenna connected on fm?

Bob
I have the service manual for this receiver and am following the instructions to adjust the idle-current. There are two pins in the middle of the amp board on both sides. The service manual tells me to have 20mv between these pins. When i tested it it shows 1mv. And the trim resistors for both sides are not changing the voltage. Unfortunately the meters are not in for me to see if fm is working. And yes the lights are turning on now since i changed the thermal fuse.

Yes. I saw that the main filter cap wires go directly to them. I wasn't sure how to test those pins but i checked the voltage on the caps themselves. They read over 47v on both of them. So i assume the voltage is getting to the amp board.

Back
Top Bottom