Marantz 2270 Low Volume distortion ?

rmorano

Receiving slight distortion only at low volume.
Suspect either the relay is dirty / needs replacement or pre amp issue

anyone experience this ? plays load and powerful with volume turned up to 9 oc position or higher also does NOT do this with the headphones

yes cleaned all pots, its very slight going to change interconnect from cd player and see if that helps

Suggest replacing the relay. Had similar problem with my 2270 and 2285 at low volume, one or both channels would fade or otherwise act wonky unless I cranked it up. Replacing the relay in both resolved the issue.

Suggest replacing the relay. Had similar problem with my 2270 and 2285 at low volume, one or both channels would fade or otherwise act wonky unless I cranked it up. Replacing the relay in both resolved the issue.

I agree with this. I fixed my 2245 that had low volume one or both channel fading out by replacing the relay.

One thing is un clear.. Why there is no distortion when using headphones ???? I think the headphone jack is tap off speaker terminals so it should distort too Unclear on this

My 2245 has a bad relay. I can make it cut in and out (or drop in level) just by thumping it on the top or sides with my finger.

Yes have experienced that in other units. Still unclear about what feeds the headphone jack ? No distortion when using headphones only spekers, is the headphone jack fed from the hot side of the relay ?

Schematic looks like headphones (J010) gets signal through the speaker switches, which would be after the relay.

Try trapping on the relay with a pencil when you are having distortion, see if the sound changes.

Yes, headphones fed after the relay on schematic, cant understand why no distortion using headphones only with speakers ??

Well did some more troubleshooting......swapped the speakers to another 2270 I have and guess what !! They have the distortion on a totally different 2270
One of the woofers (down firing) is on the way out and making the noise...

Back
Top Bottom