Marantz 2270 w/black faceplate

Jenkster

Bonzo!
Subscriber
I just picked up this gorgeous 2270 from AK'er and my friend slopat. This may be a case where it actually looks better than it sounds? OK it sounds wonderful and was completely restored by AK'er Fairlane who did a fantastic job!

I have seen pictures but this is the first one I have gazed upon in person. I was and am blown away!

Anyone have their Marantz adorned in one of these face plates? If so, let' see um.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
18432329255_a0c31d5da4_k.jpg

You guys are killing me! I have a 2270, a 2275 and a 2325 that I really want to keep original, but every time I see one of these pics I'm tempted to pull the trigger. Now you up and show all three in one thread. How's a guy supposed to hold out in the face of those beauties?? :whip:

Be strong, Steve.....they're tempting me too and I love how my 2275 looks and sounds.

The good news is, it is not a permanent modification. You can always put the silver face back on but, why would you?:dunno: Beautiful receivers guys!

You guys are killing me! I have a 2270, a 2275 and a 2325 that I really want to keep original, but every time I see one of these pics I'm tempted to pull the trigger. Now you up and show all three in one thread. How's a guy supposed to hold out in the face of those beauties?? :whip:
Just get another set in black. Problem solved... :beerchug:

I have been contemplating for months about doing the black face and black gloss case on my 4400 for main listening area, would go good with some other black components in a nice rack with a new black tt , I think the WAF is better with the black, but I will certainly have the silver stack playing elsewhere !!

Some of the Marantz with the black face and a case look like a new $10k component lol. You may not find a nicer looking vintage receiver, and with the aluminum knobs dammm!!!

Bucknerator already posted one but I'll play anyway, Here's mine...
LOL, just realized I need to find another faceplate nut, I twisted the top off that one.
Marantz 2275 Black Face.jpg

My 2270 does have a dinged corner....and I do have a wood case for it.....

You guys are killing me! Haha

Back
Top Bottom