Marantz 2270 w/black faceplate

I'm not usually a great fan of black face vintage receivers, but these Marantz units do look stunning. It's the silver knobs and buttons + lighting which does it IMO.

Bruce, can you share Tony's email with me in a PM please? Love that black faceplate look! Many thanks.

Chris
PM Bob (wlhd1610). He is currently receiving them from Tony for resale. Tony has agreed to get an occasional batch made if Bob will sell them. Time is his limiting factor.

Just received this jewel in the mail from Bob Speece (wlhd1610). Laser etched black beauty. It was packed in a way it could be dropped from the Empire State Building without damage. My plan is to install it on a 2245 I restored for my daughter. Also have a new WC-22 repro for that unit that looks great. This is going to make a dynamite looking machine. Unfortunately, I'm in the process of moving (four months now getting my house ready to sell and remodeling the one I bought to move into). Should be moving in about first week of August, so can't wait to get my space set up and get my gear going. I'm so glad Bob stepped up to help Tony get these faceplates made and available to those of us who drool every time we see one of those pics. :biggrin:

Marantz2245FP.jpg

I got a black etched 2245 faceplate from Bob. Absolutely beautiful, although I haven't installed it yet. I'm still down from a move that temporarily has me with no work space.

I too have a black 2245 faceplate from Bob and I can't wait to get it on my unit along with the black powdercoated cabinet.

Any chance you guys will be making the Sansui Eight Deluxe in BlackFace? I've always wanted one it's one of my favorite receiver!

I received the parts for the 18 today. They are a work of art and much heaver then the original.

Tony

Just received this jewel in the mail from Bob Speece (wlhd1610). Laser etched black beauty. It was packed in a way it could be dropped from the Empire State Building without damage. My plan is to install it on a 2245 I restored for my daughter. Also have a new WC-22 repro for that unit that looks great. This is going to make a dynamite looking machine. Unfortunately, I'm in the process of moving (four months now getting my house ready to sell and remodeling the one I bought to move into). Should be moving in about first week of August, so can't wait to get my space set up and get my gear going. I'm so glad Bob stepped up to help Tony get these faceplates made and available to those of us who drool every time we see one of those pics. :biggrin:

View attachment 970797

Dammit i was going to sell my spare 2245 now you got me thinking of putting one of these on and doing a side by side then moving one to the bedroom.

Dammit i was going to sell my spare 2245 now you got me thinking of putting one of these on and doing a side by side then moving one to the bedroom.

Please make sure it's a true laser etched faceplate and not the ink screen one sold on that auction site .

Bob

When I got the receiver (and a 5220 cassette deck), they were both covered with the most God-awful paint imaginable. The powdercoating guys sandblasted(?) the old paint and vinyl off before they did their thing.

Back
Top Bottom