Marantz 2600 on craigslist

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by vintageboy, Jan 3, 2011.

1. vintageboy

vintageboy Spinning vinyl like there is no tomorrow Subscriber

2. dumptruckz36

dumptruckz36 Active Member

only 1000 made, huh?:no:
  3. koogar519

koogar519 Active Member

I am thinking this ad is going to run it's course,3500 firm ? , we shall see.
  4. Layoutpad

Layoutpad Active Member

Snike-it-tees, he sure is proud of that Marantz...:scratch2:
  5. hbrocks

hbrocks Super Member

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  6. koogar519

koogar519 Active Member

900 something for the 2600s . I believe production total for the 2500 was in the 1600s. But at 3500$, can't see any upside appreciation down the road. I can see an expensive "updating" down the road however. So buyer beware.
  7. sancho22

sancho22 AK Subscriber Subscriber

The fan looks like an after-market update (China). Might be good as the original can be noisy - so I red. Also, I would ask fro more pictures of the scope - that straight line is not the only thing one should be able to see...
    Otherwise it looks really nice.
  8. koogar519

koogar519 Active Member

Looking at it again from his post- it appears to be from an "internet" stock picture.If I am selling an item I try to show it in a enviroment not so sterile so to speak. If the price wasn't so high I would suspect something fishy.
  9. skibjr

skibjr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Shore is purty! He can keep the "custom" case, though.

I never noticed how much bigger the volume knob is on the Euro units compared to those made for the US market.
  10. Jailtime

Jailtime Standin' on a corner Subscriber

What's up with the cheesy looking fan grille? I'd hope that nothing else in that 2600 was hacked up like that fan work.