Marantz all in one?

stormking

I found this nice little Model Twenty Five at an estate sale the other day. Picked it up mostly because I couldn't figure out what the deal was. I didn't know Marantz made anything like this. You learn something new everyday if you keep at it. After a little cleaning and tuneup, it sounds pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Garrard stackers. They're pretty hard to get dialed in, but I prevailed. These must be pretty rare. Anyone know much about them?
Twentyfive by https://www.flickr.com/photos/119819727@N06/, on Flickr
Twentyfive by https://www.flickr.com/photos/119819727@N06/, on Flickr

They offered them with optional cutouts so you could choose your turntable. As mentioned above you could order one with a cutout for most Garrards and Miracords or one of the 10” Duals. I don’t think they offered a full sized Dual cutout but it’s possible since they made a few different models of these combo units. That’s a nice one, and the Garrard SL-95B is a pretty good turntable once it’s all dialed in. I would have ordered mine with a Miracord cutout and then stuffed a 770H in there :D

Interesting. A Model 25 has been for sale on Dallas CL for a couple of weeks. No takers yet at $250. And no turntable. I’ve never seen one with that option. Nice find!

Thanks, It was a good find, sounds great and nice condition. I may be wrong, but it's my understanding the only turntable they came directly from Marantz with is the 95B. I did get the optional dust cover but it has a wicked crack in it.

Thanks, It was a good find, sounds great and nice condition. I may be wrong, but it's my understanding the only turntable they came directly from Marantz with is the 95B. I did get the optional dust cover but it has a wicked crack in it.

Somewhere I've got the magazine advertisement for these, I'll have to look for it. I may be wrong too but I don't think they actually came from the factory with any turntable, that part was up to the buyer as I understood it. They would just supply the cutout board, the electrical connector and the dust cover to fit the table you specified.

Here's one with a 10" Dual (probably a 1019):
marantz_model_25ch_30w_69-75_u-j.jpg

And here's a slightly different model with a small chassis Garrard (looks like a 70's version of the SL-65B). The receiver looks like a lower model since it has fewer controls.
index.php

Back
Top Bottom