Marantz IC KB4437?

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by redrooster, Jul 10, 2012.

1. redrooster

redrooster who was that masked man?

I'm after a 16 pin DIL Ic KB4437 but cant even find a data sheet on it? Its off of the tuning section on a Marantz SR8100DC,,its about late seventies/early eighties model.The chip identified on the board as Q301 just says 4437,the parts list says it is KB4437.Any help appreciated.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. EchoWars

EchoWars Hiding in Honduras

3. redrooster

I checked out the datasheet for PA-1001A but Im not sure its the same it looks like its a phono moving magnet detector and counter ect...? This receiver has for AM chip LA1245. FM chip is LA1231N.KB4437 goes in here then, BCD to Decimal Decoder chip is 74SL42 and MN6147 for FM AM frequency synthesizer with CMOS + PLL.Finally the MCU is MN1455LF. I thought I would add a bit of info just in case it can help.

4. EchoWars

The PA-1001A is a well-known FM chip in the Pioneer. I don't know where you came up with the phono thing. I've had to replace a number of them in Pioneer gear, and I can assure you, they were nowhere near the phono stage. ;)

As a matter of fact, before I answered your post I d'loaded the scat for the 8100DC and took a look at Q301, and it looks to me that the 4437 is performing the same analog function - pin for pin - that the PA1001A performs in the Pioneer units.

5. redrooster

Here is the datasheet that I got the phono thing from,the first thing I read was that it is used for magnetic or RF type pickup coils? So I thought it was the wrong one! Thanks for putting me on the right track,I appreciate it.

Attached Files:

6. EchoWars

1. The PA1001A they are referring to is an entire preamp assy. of some sort.
    2. The date on the PDF (7/02) should have clued you in that it had nothing to do with a stereo receiver built in 1978. ;)

7. redrooster

Oh so I was right! it was the wrong chip. I have looked around and there is only one type of PA1001A and that's a signal conditioner,counter? Are you sure that's the right identification for the chip I'm after?there couldn't be two different chips with the same name surely?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  8. EchoWars

What I'm saying is that the PDF you posted appears to be not about an IC chip, but an entire unit (it is a signal conditioner/converter for industrial measurement) that they just happen to have named 'PA1001A'.

http://www.flowmetrics.com/sigcond.html

Halfway down the page. It has nothing to do with audio in any way.

9. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

10. redrooster

Well we both know now! You learn something everyday,I do appreciate you taking the time to help me though.

11. redrooster

12. redrooster

13. EchoWars

Post #2.