Marantz power switch issue

SeattleMan

Hello all,

I need some help. The power switch on my Marantz receiver is acting up. When I press it it does not stay on and moves back. After a few attempts I am hearing a click and I am then able to turn it on. The issue is that many times this needs to be done.

Any idea what the issue may be? Must I replace it or rather use some cleaner first?

Thanks!

Use a couple of short bursts of Deoxit and the switch will probably be fine, had a similar issue and Deoxit solved the problem.

Replacement is another option. Power switches on Marantz are a frequent issue.

Deoxit may make the issue worst. If its burn and pitted contacts.

Use a couple of short bursts of Deoxit and the switch will probably be fine, had a similar issue and Deoxit solved the problem.

I just picked up a 2240 which had the same issue, a power switch that wouldn't engage. I saw this thread, gave it a quick shot of Deoxit, and voila! Problem (apparently) solved! Thanks for posting.

Just a thought, sometimes if the switch doesn't latch it may be that rubber gasket has detached from the faceplate and is inhibiting full motion of the pushbutton. (just had that issue).

And as Avionic had stated, it may only be a short term solution. Listen for any arcing on power up.

Lots of times the latching mechanism gets gummed up with whatever was used to lubricate it. Some degreasers will melt the plastic so you can't use just anything to clean it. De-Oxit is safe. Alcohol should be safe also.

I agree with draudio. Sounds to me like the switch doesn't stay in. I assume when the switch stays in there is no issue with operation. Open it up and see what is causing the spring to not work properly.

Back
Top Bottom