marantz remote, where to find them?

seriously can you all teach me how to and search this stuff out?

Nothing complicated. Just Google. I usually search Google Images too. Usually the pictures will link to posts from owners of the actual equipment you're researching. Most of the time, their posts will describe what you need to know. So, develop your Google-Fu. It is a powerful weapon.

reading online and through marantz site the chat option. their telling me 80% of all functions balance, fade, center channel levels only adjusted by remote.

Oh yea, true story. I used to work at a CD/DVD pressing plant, where we made the discs you play. I worked in the audio studio. Often, we'd get calls from clients, needing tech support help. Usually, it was the band needing help with equipment, and how to use it. So, while I was chatting with them on the phone, I'd be looking up the manual, for the equipment they needed help with. I'd do a quick manual read through, while I was talking to them, then just casually explain what they needed to know to the resolve their issue. No one ever figured out that I was just reading their own manual back to them. They thought I was a genius or something. :p

Oh yea, true story. I used to work at a CD/DVD pressing plant, where we made the discs you play. I worked in the audio studio. Often, we'd get calls from clients, needing tech support help. Usually, it was the band needing help with equipment, and how to use it. So, while I was chatting with them on the phone, I'd be looking up the manual, for the equipment they needed help with. I'd do a quick manual read through, while I was talking to them, then just casually explain what they needed to know to the resolve their issue. No one ever figured out that I was just reading their own manual back to them. They thought I was a genius or something. :p
very slick and pretty dam clever :)

fyi- that yammie im field goal kicking/ err i mean shipping to you? it'll be the first week of next month grrr!! :mad: needs to be out this house lol, but its all packed up secure an correctly. 40 i wont have till next month.
but its def going your way.

reading online and through marantz site the chat option. their telling me 80% of all functions balance, fade, center channel levels only adjusted by remote.

I'd try using the front panel buttons to see if any of them changed settings in the menu. Try both the volume and inputs knobs. They may jog through the menus. They the tuning directional buttons too. I can't imagine some front panel button combination wouldn't work.

I'd try using the front panel buttons to see if any of them changed settings in the menu. Try both the volume and inputs knobs. They may jog through the menus. They the tuning directional buttons too. I can't imagine some front panel button combination wouldn't work.
ive been doing that most of the day, to no avail. im going to read that manual in a bit though.

fyi- that yammie im field goal kicking/ err i mean shipping to you? it'll be the first week of next month grrr!! :mad: needs to be out this house lol, but its all packed up secure an correctly. 40 i wont have till next month.
but its def going your way.

No rush. Money is always tight with me too. And if it's a strain on you, don't worry about it. It was a project in curiosity. Just a project to pass the time.

No rush. Money is always tight with me too. And if it's a strain on you, don't worry about it. It was a project in curiosity. Just a project to pass the time.
only yamaha gear allowed in this house, is if i ever find another set of their nsa-220 speakers.<not this model.
sorry they were the yamahs ns-a222's

Last edited:
I needed a remote for my rotel (rx 1050). Very rare and difficult to locate.
Tried a harmony, but it only seemed to manage the volume and radio station presets- I was hoping for a bit more- especially since a remote is required for some settings.
Eventually tried 'remote control world' in Czech Republic , and so far so good. It seems to manage most functions.
The one I now have is their 'general' model which they program to suit the device (s) that you specify.
(I am not affiliated with their operation)

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...FjAAegQIBhAD&usg=AOvVaw01VCiFj-lpJ1rMXArYwy0B

If you do not have Internet, you may have a friend /associate who could assist. ..
BTW it took about 3 weeks to get it through the mail. ..

Thanks for that link. I've been on the lookout for an NEC for an 80s-90s integrated surround amp. These guys don't even list NEC in their audio list. Well, I knew it was hard to find...

Back
Top Bottom