Marantz SR9000G Recap

Maybe the p/s board is also used in another unit that does get the other parts? One of the boards in our newest line of products at work is built 5 different ways for various models.
Are the schematics and specs available for the higher powered units in that line? Perhaps they used the same board on the entire line with change outs for the missing parts and upgraded transistors? I've seen this with some early 80's Sony, or was it Sansui?? I forget!!!

Edit - I always did wondered if those Cap errors were actually ERRORS while being assembled or corrections after the schematic was printed?

My apologies. Will keep that type of talk in the appropriate place. Wish I would have seen your message earlier though. Might be looking for unobtanium soon.

I will agree with those that choose to bad mouth this vintage of Marantz receiver. There is plenty not to like about the build quality. Frame is thin and cheap. Pots have a very light and cheap feel when moving them.

That said the sound is absolutely incredible.

I've had two SR's in the past. They did sound OK but I could NEVER get over the cheap feel and cheap look they had. Heck for a second system it could be used. But just seeing the Marantz name on that cheap chassis and tacky faceplate drove me nuts.

Back
Top Bottom