Mastercrafters Starlight clock

imglocked

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I recently stumbled upon this clock at my church's thriftstore and had to take it home after seeing the Jefferson Mystery Clock thread (there is one of those there too, but I did not take it and after doing some research I am going back as soon as they open!) . . . anyways, the Mastercrafters is in excellent condition, but sometime in its past, a repair was attempted on the motor - with GLUE! . . . needless to say its shot . . . the wires to the motor must have broken off, hence the 'repair', and it looks as if there is at least one break in the winding . . . I found a site that sells replacement motors for 155 clams, but I'd rather not . . . any ideas? . . .

I"ve got one of those and they look awesome when illuminated !

$155 is a lot of cash. Perhaps you could watch ebay for awhile, maybe one will come up that runs correctly but is otherwise damaged (cracked/broken glass). You could use the motor for yours...

yeah, the light is awsome lookng! . . . .been checking ebay. . . . A motor just sold last week or two iirc . . . Man, timing IS everything! . . . Have you tried different colored bulbs? . . . Thanks.

Jim

Nah, just the standard bulb. I have a Haddon mystery clock. Similar to the Jefferson but that one also is illuminated. Don't get me started on the Lackners...:D

BTW. WE know what the Starlight looks like but others don't. Hence..... :worthless

Nah, just the standard bulb. I have a Haddon mystery clock. Similar to the Jefferson but that one also is illuminated. Don't get me started on the Lackners...:D

BTW. WE know what the Starlight looks like but others don't. Hence..... :worthless

Bumping this ancient thread...

Here's what one looks like:

Master_Crafters_Starlight_2.jpg

My birthday present to myself!

U'm currently running a pair of Vandersteen 2CEs in my dedicated listening system (so I can't put anything on top of them), but as soon as the JBL 4301B Control Monitors make it back into the rotation, the MasterCrafters Starlight is going on top of the left speaker to balance the vintage dual gooseneck lamp on the right:

Boston.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom