Maybe a sub-forum for RIPs?

I LIKE that idea!!
Hope no one shoots it down ...

A good idea. If you know where to go to post such news you would be able to tell if somebody has beat you to the notification and we wouldn't have RIP threads started in several different places.

12 on the front page here this morning. Was wondering if we might also post living star's "issues" too?

/callista flockhart recounts how harrison ford once told her to make him a sandwich...

Yeah, poop on celebrity Gossip!

Jerry Pournell died on Sept 8,
Len Wein died over the weekend ...
I'm sure there are others, seems like when you pass a certain age,
folks we enjoy are dropping at a pretty good rate these days!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2017
1200px-Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg.png

Jerry Pournell died on Sept 8

Thanks for posting that Heather. I did not know that he had passed. One of my favorite writers. I loved his column "Chaos Manor" in the old Byte magazine. "The Mote In God's Eye is one of the great SciFi novels.

-Dave

Thanks for posting that Heather. I did not know that he had passed. One of my favorite writers. I loved his column "Chaos Manor" in the old Byte magazine. "The Mote In God's Eye is one of the great SciFi novels.

-Dave

He'd had a number of health issues in recent years, and had worked hard to get through them.
His son Alex took him to DragonCon ( Sept 1 - 4) and he had a good time, and apparently passed in his sleep Sept 8. I used to read Chaos manor in Byte too! Followed his blog for a while as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom