McDonalds Menu from 1972

Looks similar to In-N-Out's menu today ... Short and sweet. Sit on the patio at any In-N-Out around here and the drive thru just never stops.

McDonalds wasn't interested in keeping the very space they created. Just like Tandy and so many others ... Sad.

I remember burgers being .28c

But I have not eaten any fast food crap for over 20 years now. Even at today's prices, does anyone actually think there is a spec of anything nutritious in it?
You must try Culver's Tripple Deluxe..
But Culver's has real food unlike the other fast food joints

How about Taco Bell during the Fast Food Wars of the late '80's? $.19 tacos and $.29 soft tacos. A throw-down on the way home from the bars. In retrospect, those locations must have been receiving commissions from the surrounding DUI check points.

Sometime in the 90s I got disgusted with Taco Bell when a lady here claimed she found a chewy mouse foot in her taco. Didn't eat there for several years. By the time I came back, it was bland yuck on tortillas the consistency of semi-dry caulk. Then it came out that their 'beef' filling was a third 'spice blend' which is mostly cornmeal and water.

The high fat and all the sugar they put in everything including the buns, and the salt, will kill you before GMO's do.

Burger King, King's meal. Two cheeseburgers onion rings and small drink= $3.78 after taxes.

I go to Burger King and get the $3.49 meal. Two sandwiches, cheeseburger and a chicken sandwich, french fries and the small drink. Can't beat this meal deal!! When you eat inside, they really give you a good size portion of fries, spilling out of the carton!

McDonald's small french fries over $1.50!! :mad:

How about Taco Bell during the Fast Food Wars of the late '80's? $.19 tacos and $.29 soft tacos. A throw-down on the way home from the bars. In retrospect, those locations must have been receiving commissions from the surrounding DUI check points.

My brother used to work late shift at a Taco Bell. They had a standard order they would give anyone at the drive-thru that was too drunk to order coherently. Nobody ever came back to complain, so it must have worked.

He had a friend from high school, an Iraq war vet, who worked security for those late shifts, and would pass along vehicle descriptions and plate numbers over the radio to the local LEOs.

Neither of the big two are a destination choice when I am seeking food. If I want an inexpensive burger, I head to Steak n Shake. Head and shoulders better than about any fast food joint. Lots of $4 deals of sandwich and fries.

I still miss Jack n the Box. After a night of spinning records at the nightclub, it was stopping by to get 3 tacos, onion rings and large coke, then home to do Accounting homework.

Curious why McD's fry were sooooooo much better back in the olden days?

https://uproxx.com/life/mcdonalds-fries-oil-gladwell/2/
McDs changed from formula 47 to formula 189 (both numbers derived from the cost of a hamburger, small fries, and small coke at the time the oil was originally put into service) in ‘87 or so for everything except fries. 189 was vegetable oil. The change to 189 for fries came in the ‘90s ...

Used to drive 80 miles to get sliders and fries way back in the day. And the original Wendys downtown Columbus was a destination for us too. Dave did it right. Now every small town has a stomach row with all the joints.

Back
Top Bottom