McIntosh C2200 Tube Preamplifier SPECIAL 50th Anniversary GOLD

I knew Frank Gow well. His favorite Pre-amp was the C-2200. His father was the President of Mcintosh. They made a special addition with his name on the Face plate to award him for all his years in the hifi industry selling Mcintosh. Though I met Frank one day while he was selling electronic parts to twin plants across the border, we didn't become closer till he went to work for Audio Classics. I was content with my system, but Frank started out by sending me a Dynavector as a surprise, It got me back into collecting records. Updating my stereo system, returning to Mac power amps and more. He was a great guy who loved sound. He loved the 2200 and 275, and was a Tannoy nut. I don't know if he got his Westminsters, but a pair was on his bucket list. I'm not particular fond of Tannoy, they can be a little bright and zinging for me. But they are efficient, and I can see why he would want to pair a 2200 and a 275 with the big beasts for great sound.

Hi there i See this is and older thread but I’m new to audio and have a chance to purchase the C2200 anniversary. The seller is asking $5k usd without original box.
I’m wondering what’s the price range to seriously consider purchase?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Hi there i See this is and older thread but I’m new to audio and have a chance to purchase the C2200 anniversary. The seller is asking $5k usd without original box.
I’m wondering what’s the price range to seriously consider purchase?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
Welcome to AK.

Your going to need to start a thread in the Dollars and Sense forum to get pricing and talk about cost and value.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/dollars-and-sense.128/

When you follow the link, the top right of the page it says "Post New Thread", click on it to get a new page. Put a title in the title box, state your question below that in the comment box, and then below that box, click on "Post"

Thank you very much. I’m reading through other threads and it mentions C2200, reading through it to find my answer. Thanks thanks thanks

A guy has a whole C2200 system (two MC1201's and an XRT-30 setup) listed on the Grand Rapids Michigan Craigslist if you are looking for a score. He wants $23.5k for his speakers though, but I bet if you bought them he would give you a deal on his C2200! Been for sale for like two years...

-Geoff

Back
Top Bottom