McIntosh D150

My D150 does not make any click between songs and neither did the D100 but I am using a different music program and computer.
So what is the software version in your D150?

Thanks,
Ron-C

My D150 does not make any click between songs and neither did the D100 but I am using a different music program and computer.
So what is the software version in your D150?

Thanks,
Ron-C

The click doesn't appear between tracks of the same album or playlist.

Only when you play a new album (folder).

On my D100 i had some clicks between tracks of the same album, but that came from the D100 itself and not out of the speakers!

V1.01 changes the way the D150 mutes when changing tracks. This will quiet any switching noises you may experience with some tracks and some computers. Audio quality is identical with both versions.

Thanks,
Ron-C

V1.01 changes the way the D150 mutes when changing tracks. This will quiet any switching noises you may experience with some tracks and some computers. Audio quality is identical with both versions.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Thanks again for your quick reply!

Just spoke with my dealer, in 4 weeks the updated chips will arrive in germany!

Last edited:

Thanks,
Ron-C

Is there a software update for the D100? Because my D100 also does this and it would be great if there was a fix.

Does what? What music program are you using for USB playback through your D100?

thanks,
Ron-C

Thanks,
Ron-C

The click occurs when i change from 16 to 24 bit music program.

The click is then in the right speaker!

No probs when i stay 16 or 24 bit.

Strange........

I also think that is a Audirvana or Apple problem!

My D150 is most of the time dead quiet instead of my old D100....which had clicks between every track!

I thought Audirvana was the "bees knees", but I finally caved and changed to JRiver, since then I have not had hardly any issues at all with the C48 USB since I changed.
And swap between the C48 USB, the core audio card, and my firewire 400 sound card....
I really believe Audrivana is not as good as one might think....

There are many music programs and computers to chose from and they all have a learning curve. It is hard to be an expert on all of them for sure.
JR does have a pretty responsive help page so this could be a factor.

Thanks,
Ron-C

There are many music programs and computers to chose from and they all have a learning curve. It is hard to be an expert on all of them for sure.
JR does have a pretty responsive help page so this could be a factor.

Thanks,
Ron-C

That is a very true statement, Audirvana in the setup is not as intuitive as Jriver, I have never had to look anything up with Jriver, I can find my way around it pretty easily, its all very logical for me anyway, Audirvana is too convoluted in my opinion.

After some research and testing i came to the conclusion, that the popping and crackling has to do with the USB hub of my iMac.

Always when my iMac goes in the sleeping mode or has to awake from it, the crackling and popping is audible when i skip to another album.

I don't know if the new firmware solve this....?

Last edited:
Sorry to dig up an old thread. I've had my D150 for a few weeks and it came with v1.01 firmware. I don't have any clicking between songs but the unit mutes the first note of a song. This doesn't happen with the coax connected Sonos player, just the USB. I've tried Vox, Roon, Spotify and TIDAL and they all do it. There's a thread over at computer audio with other people having the same issue. Has anyone else heard this problem? I have email into McIntosh but haven't gotten any replys yet.

Back
Top Bottom