1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

McIntosh MC2120 value?

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Cody B, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Cody B

Cody B Member

I have a opportunity to purchase a MC2120 in pretty good shape from a local collector and was wondering what it was worth. It has no case, no manuals and no box.

I was obviously looking for a 2105, 2125 or 2205 because of the meters and overall styling, but because the fellow wants $400 I figured I could do without if that is a fair price.
    Also, since its pretty much a 2125 without the glass, how much do those go for? and is it worth the extra money?

Another question is what is the desire for this particular model if I were to find one with the meters? Could I get my $400 back?

2. Cody B

Cody B Member

Should I post this question over in the Mac forum?

3. Stegnick

Stegnick 30 pack Olympics Winner!

I think $400 is pretty much fair. It's funny with Mac's tho you pay a crapload more for the glass + meters. You can get a MC2250 for less than $800 but a MC2255 is gonna cost you around $2K. Go figure...meters & glass for $1200 more. I say if you don't care about looks go for the 2120. I mean realisticly we are talking about "music". Who cares what the stuff looks like? but how does it sound!

4. CarlV

CarlV AK Subscriber Subscriber

400. is a very good price if it is without issues IMO. And yes, you should not have to take a loss at all to sell it.

Carl

5. Cody B

Cody B Member

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to offer around $350 for it and see what he says. Then again, I should just be thankful that 65 pounds of Mac isn't costing me more.

btw, what is the average price for a MC2120 anyway? I was looking and saw none on ebay.

6. CarlV

CarlV AK Subscriber Subscriber

I can't help you there with the "more" factor. I quit looking at things for sale, leads to buying things you don't really need I noticed. :D
    I do know there isn't a McIntosh amp worth less than 400. if working is about all I can help you with.

Carl

7. titanstats

titanstats Go Habs Go!

For $400, I'd have it in my truck right now. :) A nice 2125 will cost you considerably more. Buy it -- you'll probably love it, and you certainly won't lose $$ on it.