McIntosh MC7200 Parts

how bad? show us the pictures. Doubt that you can order a replacement board. Try McIntosh or Audio Classics. If the damage is not serious you can always glue it back and re-trace all the connection

Just hoping someone has a graveyard. If FedEx won't honor claim I will try to sell it for parts. Was hoping to use it though.

Don't see a lot of these parted out - if any at all. OOC, was the unit shipped in the correct McIntosh box and bolted down within said box?

Shipped in Audio Classics box, triple boxed, made for MC7200. No bolt down option. Made it from NH to FL fine. Interior concealed damage ( it was probably dropped flat and inside of unit moved breaking off left gain knob and damaging board).

I have the MC7200 schematic in front of me and see no indication for a gain pot circuit board. Every one of that generation had the pot bolted directly to the chassis via the shaft that I can remember.

What circuit board are you looking for using the schematics # as a reference. For example the input PCB board is # 2, part number 046928.

Shipped in Audio Classics box, triple boxed, made for MC7200. No bolt down option. Made it from NH to FL fine. Interior concealed damage ( it was probably dropped flat and inside of unit moved breaking off left gain knob and damaging board).
Man, that's a total bummer. The MC7200 is a special amp. I sure hope you are able to find the parts to get it fixed,

I have the MC7200 schematic in front of me and see no indication for a gain pot circuit board. Every one of that generation had the pot bolted directly to the chassis via the shaft that I can remember.

What circuit board are you looking for using the schematics # as a reference. For example the input PCB board is # 2, part number 046928.

Contacted Mark and he will take it off the shelf, remove the top, and get the board number. Hopefully he will get to it tomorrow morning.

Man, that's a total bummer. The MC7200 is a special amp. I sure hope you are able to find the parts to get it fixed,
Me too. Just saw another go for a fair price. But without closure from FedEx I need to wait. Really wanted to listen to the MC7200 but will probably look for a replacement or MC7300/MC300. Or a miracle and I find parts.

There was a guy a while back cannibalizing Macs and selling in pieces on eBay.
When I saw it it kind of galled me but i understand the business model and the need. No idea if he's still at it or has what you need. Good luck!

Balanced input 1, input 2, meter lamps and display 3, power supply 4, and L & R amp 5. Those are the boards listed in the schematic.

Looking for left channel gain control board.

This do not exist in MC7200

See :

MC7200-input-schematic.JPG
The both gain pot are connected to boards with shielded cables
There is no PCB

Why wait for tomorow to get the answer ?

Back
Top Bottom