McIntosh production delays

Crazeehorse

Just curious if anyone else has had a significant delays when trying to order a new amp. Was just told yesterday that the MC302 that I ordered 2 weeks ago could be another 2 to 4 weeks. Are these things made to order?

My guess as to why production is delayed would be the significant amount of snowfall Binghamton received early last week (31"). This probably kept the factory closed or low staffed until safe transportation could be resumed.
Congrats on your new MC302, it'll be worth the wait :thumbsup:

I ordered a C2600 several weeks ago. They told me it was on back order because demand for the C2600 was greater than anticipated. I was told it should ship by the First of April.

I order everything from Audio Classics. They are located a stones through away from McIntosh and have a relationship that goes back decades. I often wonder if they get first dibs because of their professional friendship. I never have to wait on product. And the folks at AC are a class act. Great bunch of guys there.

Nice to see you here David.

-Eric :)

We were off for 2 days because we got 38" of the white stuff. Must be your Dealer we have lots on hand..Last time I checked anyway...

Thanks for the info. I'm going through the Magnolia Design Center out of Overland Park Ks. I have a copy of the PO but it does not say where they are getting the amp from. They are now saying the 30th of March is when they will have it. I'm asking him now. I wonder if The Sound Room has one here in STL. I just don't like doing business with them.

Thanks for the info. I'm going through the Magnolia Design Center out of Overland Park Ks. I have a copy of the PO but it does not say where they are getting the amp from. They are now saying the 30th of March is when they will have it. I'm asking him now. I wonder if The Sound Room has one here in STL. I just don't like doing business with them.

As of a few years ago when I bought my 302 from Sound Room they ordered all new McIntosh. They kept nothing in stock that was new. I ordered in late March and didn't see it until late May. Of course the 302 was probably more popular 3 or so years ago. That may have explained the delay. I bought a Rotel preamp at the same time and they ordered that too, showed-up about 3 weeks later.

Magnolia is an Authorized dealer. They may be getting stuff from another one of there stores or our factory.

Back
Top Bottom