MCS 3760 tuner capacitor issue

Racingh11

I recently acquired an MCS 3760 tuner. Seems to work good, but it does not retain station preset memory after it's shut off. I figured come capacitors were bad and losing charge. I opened it up and immediately found a pair of swelled and leaking caps. This issue is they are labeled 2.3v 3.3F. They are 1 inch tall and 1/2 inch diameter. I find it very hard to believe these are anywhere near 3.3 farad and there is nothing in this size or voltage at Mouser. Anyone know what these are or what size to replace with? And does anyone have a schematic for the 3760 or 3762? If they are just power caps, I could probably estimate a good replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3334.JPG
    IMG_3334.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3333.JPG
    IMG_3333.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 21
I find it very hard to believe these are anywhere near 3.3 farad and there is nothing in this size or voltage at Mouser.

Seems believable to me. It takes a lot of farads (relatively speaking) to store enough energy for long enough to provide practical memory retention. Perhaps unfortunately, this kind of cap is called "supercapacitor". Look for that moniker on Mouser and I expect you'll find something workable.

Cheers,

chazix

Seems believable to me. It takes a lot of farads (relatively speaking) to store enough energy for long enough to provide practical memory retention. Perhaps unfortunately, this kind of cap is called "supercapacitor". Look for that moniker on Mouser and I expect you'll find something workable.

Cheers,

chazix
That's it! Thanks a lot. I have not run across those before. Learn something new all the time.

Back
Top Bottom