MCS Series A 3285 Syntehsized Receiver & MCS 8330 Linear Phase Speakers?

lico - I always like seeing your pics - very good photography. Have you had any criticisms of your 3253? How does the sound compare to the 3865? Or have I asked you that before - LOL

Keep an eye out for a 3285. Sound wise, it's a different animal, but with revealing speakers, will surprise you. And the servo control means DC offset issues should never come up, I would think.

I have a 3260 receiver that surprised me on how good it sounds.Nice build quality and good looks to boot.

I have a 3260 receiver that surprised me on how good it sounds.Nice build quality and good looks to boot.

I tracked one down because of the looks, and was also surprised with how good it sounds. I wonder if I could shoehorn some 12k or 15k filtering caps in there and see if the low end improves any.......:scratch2:...not that it needs it.......

J. C. Penny is still in business. Even if they no longer sell electronics, I would think they could provide service literature on their older products. Has anyone tried them? I purchased a J. C. Penny 25" color TV in approx. 1980 which I still use as my bedroom TV, and it still works great. It was made by RCA.

Well this discussion got me to pull the 3285 out of storage & hook it up. Sounds great & a really good tuner. The touchy buttons seem to get a little less touchy with use.

lico - I always like seeing your pics - very good photography. Have you had any criticisms of your 3253? How does the sound compare to the 3865? Or have I asked you that before - LOL

Keep an eye out for a 3285. Sound wise, it's a different animal, but with revealing speakers, will surprise you. And the servo control means DC offset issues should never come up, I would think.

My 3253 is not hooked up right now, but I'm going to do some A/B'ing again with it soon. The 3865 is back in the rotation now. I think the 3865 might have servo outputs, I never could measure any DC offset with it. Kind of like my Onkyo A-7070.

Anyway - I have no criticisms of the 3253 except it doesn't always fit where you want to put it :)

Back
Top Bottom