1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

MC's XD-717 speakers

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by Erniek, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Erniek

Erniek New Member

Does anyone have a pair of Xd-717 speakers? I have a pair that I initially was going to sell but after listening to them in a smallish room I am starting to like their low volume sound. One problem I have is that the tweeters are needing replacement. The coating on both of them is flaking off and one sounds distorted when turning up the volume some. Where would I find suitable replacments for these? Thanks
  2. MX117.MC7150

MX117.MC7150 Listener Subscriber

Jersey Shore
    Don't own a pair of the speakers, but have you tried McIntosh parts for the tweeters? They have a surprisingly large inventory of parts to support older gear. If they do not have the exact tweeter, you might ask if they have a recommendation on a replacement tweeter. That failing, ask the couple of speaker repair vendors who adverstise here on AK what they might recommend. They may have a cross-reference. Will need to match the impedance and sensitivity to get proper balance out of the speaker, unless it has an L-pad in the circuit.