MD-DC-VA-PA -- AK Members 3rd Annual Fall Get Together at Ohighway's

Scott, I just hooked the TimePieces up to my tube rig and threw on some Eagles.

:jawdrop:

I've got them sitting on the table in a bit of a near-field configuration; but holy mackerel! So much sound from a relatively small pair of speakers!

Thank you again, these are outstanding!

Last edited:
Scott, I just hooked the TimePieces up to my tube rig and threw on some Eagles.

:jawdrop:

I've got them sitting on the table in a bit of a near-field configuration; but holy mackerel! So much sound from a relatively small pair of speakers!

Thank you again, these are outstanding!

You are welcome!
I know you will enjoy them.

I forgot my lawn chairs - one green one rust colored .... anyone see them??

We had a blast hangin with y'all, I loved the ribs n beer!! :thmbsp:

Cheers,
Bob

Thank you Rick and Amy for a simply great day. It was a delight to see old
friends and to meet some new friends. Thanks also to Jim for delivering me
there and back, and to Jay for some great LPs. Now all I have to do today
is make sure the Champers is on ice and sign her card so we can celebrate
the thirty blissfull happy years tomorrow that Florence and I have been married.
All in all this will be a special week.

Congratulations to you and Florence, Rob. It seems we share an anniversary date. Tomorrow makes 25 for me and the missus.

Thanks for hosting!

I totally agree with GHAZZER post earlier about great hosting, great food, great gear - I will bring more snickerdoodles the next time!

thanks, wilfredo

I wanted to say it was great meeting everyone. Thank you Rick and Amy and Steve for the wonderful day. I loved everyone's friendliness and enthusiasm. I hope we get many similar opportunities in the future.

I had a long ride home, a victim of the road repair crews on 695 (at 70) and on 95, but the time passed easily. It was just so nice to share audio stories and audio dreams. Reminded me of the early 80's.

It may take a couple of summers, but if anyone is willing to make the trip to the Jersey Shore, I'll be more than willing to host one of these get-togethers. Maybe in 2014, but definitely by 2015.

Hank

I forgot my lawn chairs - one green one rust colored ....
Bob

OK, the left over lawn chairs have been claimed.

Two more leftovers...... please speak up if you're missing these:

1) Broken pair of sunglasses

2) "Care Bears" blanket

OK, the left over lawn chairs have been claimed.

2) "Care Bears" blanket

I gladly donate my "Care Bears blanket" to you and the missus.
I got it from a fellow AK'er when I bought some speakers several years ago.
I think it should become the official "traveling blanket of AK".

I seem to be missing a set of EL34s, a Shure Cartridge, some 12AX7s, a pair of Dome Tweeters....... and,...... hummm......what else could I use........lol.

thanks again Rick! Good times! BTW, have you picked which Sunbeam you want to 'off' to a good candidate? I'd still love to make the trip to your house in one of your old cars............

Best, Tom

Here is a link to some photos I took yesterday. Pics from previous Gatherings are in this library, just go "up" an album to find them.

Please PM me if you have any photos of the Gatherings that you would like to have added to this gallery.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who took a picture with me in it. Something I rarely do - - -

Here is a link to some photos I took yesterday. Pics from previous Gatherings are in this library, just go "up" an album to find them.

Please PM me if you have any photos of the Gatherings that you would like to have added to this gallery.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who took a picture with me in it. Something I rarely do - - -

Thanks Steve!
I took a few photos I can send you.
PM me the e-mail address you want me to send them to.

Looks like a great time was had. We from the Frankenfest in Massachusetts hope you all had a good get-together, and as good as ours was, we're a little jealous.

Looks like fun.

Looks like a great time was had. We from the Frankenfest in Massachusetts hope you all had a good get-together, and as good as ours was, we're a little jealous.

Looks like fun.

These gatherings are the real glue that keeps AK members connected. They take AK to a new level past the electrons we share. I hope yours was as much fun as ours was, and I hope that a national AK fest can happen in 2014!
Regards,
Jim

urk, I found a picture of myself showing how thin I'm getting on top. If only I could move the thin downward a bit and trade off the spare tire for hair.

2) "Care Bears" blanket

Ooops. Add: 3) Three LPs left on the front porch.

I gladly donate my "Care Bears blanket" to you and the missus.
I got it from a fellow AK'er when I bought some speakers several years ago.
I think it should become the official "traveling blanket of AK".

:thmbsp: I sense a "AK 'Care Bears' Fall Festival 2014" in our future.... :D

Back
Top Bottom