Member Rooms: Who's Got One and Whatcha Bringin'?

i'm trying to finish an Accuphase re-cap. i still have to actually order the new caps, and it will be cutting it pretty close.

Go for it, I'll be your virtual comrade-in-arms. I'm making an effort to put a little time in every night to do something, no matter how small. So far tho doing "this one little thing" has me disappear for three hours, not that I'm complaining.

I have a swap table and plan on bringing a lot of things, but rather than bringing stuff no one would be interested in, would it be acceptable for me to post a list of all that I have here? Or is there a better place for that? OR could I post a new thread with all that I have? If so, where would you guys recommend. Thanks!

I have a swap table and plan on bringing a lot of things, but rather than bringing stuff no one would be interested in, would it be acceptable for me to post a list of all that I have here? Or is there a better place for that? OR could I post a new thread with all that I have? If so, where would you guys recommend. Thanks!

Become a subscriber and post in Barter Town, where buying/selling/swapping is allowed.

Looks like I get to join the project group. I am fixing my Stax headband for the fest since it broke last night.

I've got a room, and the system will probably be:

Vortex Box Appliance and SOtM USB-spdif converter from Simple Green Computeres
Benchmark DAC1
some CD player, just in case
Dynakit ST-35
ACI (Audio Concepts) Sapphire IIILe speakers
Role Audio Sampan FTLs (they're small and cool)

Still looking for someone to share the room, so who knows?

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Here's a taste of what's coming. In a moment of blind luck yesterday, I visited a fellow in town to buy a Yaqin MC10 . . . and ended up with that and an Audio Research D-76. Maybe a Heathkit AA32 in the future, but my room compatriot, Tube-It (Sean) is bringing his AA32 that he just got done refurbing.

IMG_20120401_153358.jpg

IMG_20120401_153410.jpg

IMG_20120401_153421.jpg

IMG_20120401_153430.jpg

I have a room, but I also have a very tight schedule just before Fest and am going to have a difficult time, at best, getting everything there and setup.

Is anyone interested in taking over a listening room? For anyone that has never hosted one, it is a great experience. You get to meet a lot of people, more than just floating around.. and you get incredible ideas as you hear your system get discussed. Please PM me if you are interested in taking over the listening room ASAP.

Last edited:
I have a room, but I also have a very tight schedule just before Fest and am going to have a difficult time, at best, getting everything there and setup.

Is anyone interested in taking over a listening room? For anyone that has never hosted one, it is a great experience. You get to meet a lot of people, more than just floating around.. and you get incredible ideas as you hear your system get discussed. Please PM me if you are interested in taking over the listening room ASAP.

Anyone? It is a lot of fun!

i'm trying to finish an Accuphase re-cap. i still have to actually order the new caps, and it will be cutting it pretty close.

well, i got 'er done. i'm presently reassembling the amp (dis- and reassembly were the worst parts, frankly). keep your fingers crossed for me, hopefully i didn't mess anything up! it wasn't an easy amp to work on and various things could have gone wrong i suppose. if working, though, i will have a huge shit-eating grin on my face tonight :)

well, i got 'er done. i'm presently reassembling the amp (dis- and reassembly were the worst parts, frankly). keep your fingers crossed for me, hopefully i didn't mess anything up! it wasn't an easy amp to work on and various things could have gone wrong i suppose. if working, though, i will have a huge shit-eating grin on my face tonight :)

Congrats! Let us know how it goes.

Congrats! Let us know how it goes.

it's alive! meet it at the Fest! i might just leave my Stax and F5 at home to simplify things.

new main filter caps and regulated PS filter caps visible:
DSC_0034.JPG

added bypass caps and replaced bleeder resistors:
DSC_0043.JPG

reapplied thermal grease to recapped amp boards:
DSC_0018.JPG

working finished product, sans knobs:
DSC_0050.JPG

Last edited:
firs time fest

hi fellas,

this will be my firs time going to the fest :banana: i've been wanting to go to the fest for the last 4 years but never could make it happen.

i will try to bring the PP amps i've just finish, i dont know yet if i have time to set up a room or will i know if i can be there for all three days.

if anyone want to try these out in their room let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom