Memory Card

Nightcleaner

Hi

My Camera Sony DSC - H400 I could not get the SD Card to click down i played at home for ages trying different cards. Sheer desperation and i needed the walk. Took it to the Camera shop. he played like i did Different cards Same scenario. Big round light to look into the slot best he could.

After much trying. We gave up. he said Its a year and a month out of Guarantee. Sony will charge £150 to fix it then you have P&P. So we wrote it off. He suggested he looked in his second hand camera trove. Found another Bridge camera Lumix DMZ FZ200 - I was very impressed with the viewfinder the brightness compared to the sony and it was wide angle. I bought it. £197.

Its been here a day. I got the Sony beside me and im saying to myself what a shame Picked the Sony up I Sprayed air into the card reader put some WD40 on a card cleaned the contacts put the card in the Sony. It clicked down

Kicking myself

I prefer The Lumix to the Sony Though

Ah well

A tiny bit of WD40 might have trickled down to whatever locking mechanism is inside the slot. :thumbsup:

:rockon:Was the first time i used WD40 and it worked a great thing to have around the house:bowdown::thumbsup:

Edited 10:06 16 July

Sorry

Last edited:
SD cards can get weird ... I've got my photos in a whole bunch of folders on my Android phone that don't show up at all in windOhs! using the phone's USB connection Only option if I want to transfer them is to pull the card and read it direct from the computer, which is a PITA as it's buried pretty deep. (mutter mumble)

SD cards can get weird ... I've got my photos in a whole bunch of folders on my Android phone that don't show up at all in windOhs! using the phone's USB connection Only option if I want to transfer them is to pull the card and read it direct from the computer, which is a PITA as it's buried pretty deep. (mutter mumble)
there is a phone setting for that problem .. cant remember what it is right now . i had that problem but photos dont show show as photos .just icons and are all the same .they open just fine though .

I installed a program (free IIRC)
It's a back up program for Android to Windows (via usb).
I'm pretty sure it will do what you want. If I remember later , I'll post in the thread. If I forget (Not entirely unlikely). Remind me.

Back
Top Bottom