Meridian 808 $20,000 CDP

Someone willing to pay $20,000?

Same thing goes for cars and works of art selling for more than $500K and $100 million, respectively. Market dictates price.

There are people out there with more money than they know what to do with. Some of those same people aren't happy unless they have the most expensive stuff they can buy. It doesn't matter what they're looking at, they'll always opt for the most expensive choice.

Over 25 years ago we had a Mark Levinson 30/31 DAC/Transport combo that was about $30,000 Canadian on demo so I was lucky enough to get to listen to it and compare to a lot of other high end gear. The notion of value is sort of meaningless but it was head and shoulders above anything else I had heard at that point. It was not just about being the most expensive, it was clearly better. I know ML sold some of them so the answer would be people who wanted them and could afford them. I am sure whoever bought a set really enjoyed listening to them and they probably did not have to deprive themselves of anything else essential in life to acquire them.

Back
Top Bottom