Metal or Plastic Knobs on Yamaha's A-S1000 and A-S-2000??

bergun

Hi!!

I'm going to purchase either the Yamaha A-S1000 or the A-S2000 as a Christmas gift for myself this year, along with a matching Yamaha CD player.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I haven't seen either the A-S1000 or the A-S2000 in person, but I've seen the A-S700, which I wasn't happy with the material used in the construction, like the cheap bare black plastic "butterfly" knobs, which by the way, had way too much play in them.

Due to the cost difference, I do not think Yamaha would use the same type of cheap plastic knobs on their Top of the Line units, but I just want to confirm that they, the knobs, are made from a metal alloy type material BEFORE sinking $1K-$2Ks in what is being sold as a "Hi-End" unit... Plus, if I surrender this amount of cash, I want this unit to last at least 25 plus years... Basically, till I die!!

Also, if possible could somebody post detailed close-up photos of the "butterfly" knobs, as well as the volume knob??

THANKS for looking!!!

It's 100% metal knobs. Trust me, you don't need a picture. The build quality of these two amps is incredible and they sound good.

Back
Top Bottom