Metallica: Death Magnetic

Concerning this LP, And specifically rips from the internet. Was informed not to let members know How, Where and When to "Steal" copyrighted tunes. Yes there are a million Torrent sites out there. Just do your research, You'll figure it out. Mean time, If I steered anyone to the dark side of ripping off a few tracks, Guess we'll have to live with it:para:

The posting of "how to" steal music from an artist is not only illegal it opens this site up to litigation. Audiokarma does not condone this activity nor do we allow the posting of links or how to on this subject.

Repeat violators will be suspended or banned. Zero tolerance.

The discussion or criticism of this policy will lead to the same repercussions as above.

Grumpy

The posting of "how to" steal music from an artist is not only illegal it opens this site up to litigation. Audiokarma does not condone this activity nor do we allow the posting of links or how to on this subject.

Repeat violators will be suspended or banned. Zero tolerance.

The discussion or criticism of this policy will lead to the same repercussions as above.

Grumpy

Got it! Loud and clear!

They have sold a ton, But how many even know what there hearing? Are they really into tunes, Are they playing it on some $100 mono player, A few hundred thou downloads, So they hear it through headphones. The people who know whats up (That B Us), Know it sucks. The problem, There not enough of us to cause a big enough problem for a Remaster job. Check out "Chinese Democracy". A unbelievable piece of engineering on that LP. Thats how it should have been done!

My view is this. They already have the people that are going to buy it no matter what. Those people will always be there no matter if its recorded well or not. Even those that have a good system and will put up with the bad recording.

I don't know a thing about engineering and recording an album but it sure doesn't make sense to put out an album that is this bad. If it wasn't pumped up it would be an awesome album. I can barely get through the first couple tracks.

The point is they are missing out on all the potential profit from a well mixed and recorded album. There still is such a thing as word of mouth and is that much greater now that we have the internet. Louder music on the radio isn't going to sell more albums because someone can hear one song a little louder than the next one. Note I said louder and not better sounding.

True profits come from those that buy the album because it is well put together and sounds great.

My view is this. They already have the people that are going to buy it no matter what. Those people will always be there no matter if its recorded well or not. Even those that have a good system and will put up with the bad recording.

I don't know a thing about engineering and recording an album but it sure doesn't make sense to put out an album that is this bad. If it wasn't pumped up it would be an awesome album. I can barely get through the first couple tracks.

The point is they are missing out on all the potential profit from a well mixed and recorded album. There still is such a thing as word of mouth and is that much greater now that we have the internet. Louder music on the radio isn't going to sell more albums because someone can hear one song a little louder than the next one. Note I said louder and not better sounding.

True profits come from those that buy the album because it is well put together and sounds great.

Agreed. Now I hope this thread dies, As it's title suggests. No offense!

The songs are good, There is a lot of speed in the music, But it's not just for the sake of playing fast, The songs kind of shift gears, As they go along. It's a fun LP, In terms of it's like a roller coaster ride. Your up, Your down. Another thing is the tracks are pretty long, So If your listen at a semi-high volume, Your worn out! The sign of a good metal record. I don't even own St. Anger, But have listened to it, No solo's on the LP, Can't spend money if there are'nt any cool Guitar solo's. It's really not like anything they've tried, So it's hard to compare it to there other stuff. Think the speed of the first 2 LP's, The song writing and vocals of the black album, And the solo's of Load.

For me, It's just the reverse, It's almost too much of both. I'm using the EQ settings I always use for "High output CD's, That is, On EQ #2, Speaker levels are dropped across the board 2-4db. Just about any Rock/Metal disc I've bought since 06, Is played on these settings IE; Both the last 2 Distubed(10,000 Fists forced me to do this), Also Audioslave/Priests Angels Of Retribution, And any Nickelback(Whos levels are way worse than Death Magnetics). On my rig, There is plenty of bass drum thumping, Good vocals and guitars up front. When I said worn out, I meant in terms of picking apart all that was going on, It was being played LOUD, And that wears you down after awhile.

I wonder? If this is available on Vinyl, would the production/sound quality be better?

My last Metalica LP was the Black LP so I too am not familiar with St. Anger. I have seen this CD in stores and have waited for a review. I like long songs, ie: Deep Purple etc. I too agree, a long improvised guitar solo is a must and I appreciate NFS's review. I'm gonna have to find this on Vinyl!

Yes there is a vinyl issue, And it's better. I got mine thru amazon, But have seen it at my local record shop.

I've seen the vinyl at Worst Buy. I was amazed at how many records they had on the top shelf above the cd's of the same title, from Metallica to the new GnR and AC/DC (among those I remember). What's going on? lol

I will look at Amazon this weekend, thanks.

We don't have a store anywhere around here that sells vinyl. There is a BB about 45 minutes from here. I should take a drive there if this friggin snow will STOP falling for one day!!

I just can't get used to the sound of CD's. Maybe it's a sicological thing with me because I don't like them. Funny looking little silver things. Like those things that fly out of little boxes in the ground that we shoot out with shotguns down at the Gun Club. The winner gets a Turkey.

"Why they continue to produce songs and albums is a mystery...middle age and career death (for over 15 years) denial?"

What do you think coke and hookers grow on trees? That rock star lifestyle is EXPENSIVE!

"Why they continue to produce songs and albums is a mystery...middle age and career death (for over 15 years) denial?"

What do you think coke and hookers grow on trees? That rock star lifestyle is EXPENSIVE!

Well, There's still millions of fans out there, Thats why. I doubt they need the money. Hetfield says they have fun writing and playing, And if you have seen them live, You'd agree. FYI, Death Magnetic is approaching double platnium sales, Not counting GHIII. There upcoming tour is selling out. There are venues that sold out in 20 minutes. Metallica and guys like Ozzy, Van Halen, Do it because they want to. Baby boomers are in there 50's, And like to revisit things once in a while. Going and buying cool music is one of them. I'll be at there upcoming show, And have no doubt it will be good, And we will have a blast. Hope that solves the mystery.

Godsmack opened for Metallica a couple years in of all places CASPER, WYOMING. Metallica put on a hell of a show, course Godsmack had the audience well into the mood. Great show from both.

My first time on the music review forum so I thought I would check out this Metallica thread.To me Metallica has never reached their full potential artistically.Sure they sell tons of records but they don't take it to the next level.Now I haven't heard everything they've done so I could be wrong.But they seem to follow a formula 1),growl,crunch,solo,growl,crunch 2) make sure its about death,pain, or sorrow and I realize this is kinda the way most metal bands are and it's also kinda late in there career to change but it would be nice to see them shake things up like maybe a concept album.(have they ever done one?) There best song IMO Fade to black,I KNOW, ITS ABOUT DEATH.

I've checked out the GH3 version and have since retired the retail version.

As previously stated, It's not perfect. Could use a slight boost in the upper frequency region. There is also a noticeable increase in the bass from track 6 thru 11. It is easier on the ears and much better for cranking up though.:guitar:

Anyone have a link to the GH3 flac rips? PM, of course....:beer:

Back
Top Bottom