Mid 50's Akai Terecorder?

VinylHanger

Navigaret ex ironia
I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this unit. A customer has one he is thinking of selling to me. It seems to be a 2-track mono unit in mint condition, nary a scuff on it. It comes in a carry case with the external speaker as well. Just wondering if this would be a usefull unit to have in my collection as I only have 1 2-track tape and it is of carnival music............. I think. The history of it is cool, he bought it in Japan in the mid-late 50's and put it on the closet shelf in 1964, where it has sat ever since :cool:

Does it look like a M-7 or M-8 ?
2 amp sections below the transport.
Model M-6 was also called Tere-recorder made 1961.

Any pictures?
:)

It has the single VU meter and it looks to have only one amp section as opposed to the 2 in the Akai's and Roberts decks. No picks unfortunately. He got it in the mid 50's, so it is earlier than the M-6 unit. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow.

yep, that's the one. Is it a mono deck? What should I offer him, similar ones on the bay have been around 35-40 bucks, I was thinking 50 or so?

Not sure what the exact year this was made, it's a half-track mono machine.
Value:dunno:
It was the second Akai made before M-series came out, if you can buy it for $ 50.00 I would go for it.
Never had or seen one in person.
A nice classic to look at;)

Good Luck and don't forget pictures when you are the lucky owner

Back
Top Bottom