MidCenturyModern For Sale thread

Dwell is mainly new variants, Atomic Ranch is all about the original stuff. There are companies that do knockoffs that advertise in both, and there are original MCM companies like Herman Miller, that do true replicas, exact replicas, and replicas using different modern materials. It gets complicated, so talk to someone who really knows MCM before you buy new gear that is cheap, cheap.

I've always admired the Bertoia chairs. That table that goes with it is pretty amazing too.

Last edited:
The petal table is by Richard Schultz for Knoll. It came in a few configurations besides that side table including a dining table and coffee table.

Thanks, Cyclotronic. I never knew the designer or make. It sure is cool.

I had some personal luck last night. My work friend wanted some Fiestaware after seeing our collection, so I went to an auction and picked up 8 bowls and four teacups for his house. That also involved getting some other settings that round out our now completely full collection...

Last edited:
I was checking out our local Craigslist this morning, and noticed a set of JBL Aquarius IV speakers for sale up in north county. If anyone is interested in them, I would be happy to help out, ie checking them out, listening, storing them for a short term, etc. They are interesting speakers, and seldom seen.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/6008857820.html

00Q0Q_b1AefvdsGW5_600x450.jpg

Thanks, Cyclotronic. I never knew the designer or make. It sure is cool.

I had some personal luck last night. My work friend wanted some Fiestaware after seeing our collection, so I went to an auction and picked up 8 bowls and four teacups for his house. That also involved getting some other settings that round out our now completely full collection...

Any of the classic radioactive stuff in there?

Bought this guy today in NJ, very far from where he came from. Curious if any of you can figure it out. Guy running the estate sale and my usual competition all seemed to have no clue.

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

Arts and crafts experiment?

Interesting character. Doesn't look like anything from the third worlds based on the faces.

It's a Stan Bitters "sun person". He's a well-known California modern potter/sculptor who started working in the late-50s and is still active today. I like a lot of the other stuff he makes, but not really these sun people, so will likely sell it. Most of these are unsigned and he's largely unknown in my part of the country, so it was priced at about 1/5 of going rate.

I had some personal luck last night. My work friend wanted some Fiestaware after seeing our collection, so I went to an auction and picked up 8 bowls and four teacups for his house. That also involved getting some other settings that round out our now completely full collection..

Wow, I am afraid if I show this post to my wife, she would be into another hobby. :)
That is, finding at least one place setting of each color Fiestaware.
Very nice.

After hiding all the Fiesta in the Crane metal cabinets for close to a month, I decided it made more sense to display what would fit into the China cabinet. Much nicer!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom