Miida Amplifier/Reciever Repair

plazmaplanna

I have a Miida amplifier I got a month or two ago and it needed some new bulbs and a fuse replaced. Finally got those replaced and the amplifier looks really nice but I get no sound from the amplifier. I don't know a lot about repair, I don't have the skills I don't think to fix this though maybe if I could get some instructions where to start. No sound from either the speaker outs or the headphones whether on auxiliary or FM/AM. Any advice for a newbie to amp repair?

The amp is very simple with only 4 small main boards and very easy access to everything. Here are some pictures of the amplifier and I can post more if you would like a better look at things. I have a multimeter and soldering iron so most everything I need except replacement parts but I can order them. Something I found strange is the wiring on the speaker outs has all of the negative terminals run in a loop =/

I realize there is not a lot of details in this post but I can grab them as needed and post them.

Model No. 3120 and 145 Watts on the back

Pictures of the amp:
P1080230.jpg

P1060920.jpg

P1060919.jpg

P1060916.jpg

P1060913.jpg

P1060909.jpg

open the bottom and look for fuses. There doesn't seem to be a relay, so make sure thee is no DC if you replace fuses and they don't go again.

The one I replaced is going fine far s I can tell- I believe it is only for the lights. There was a slow blow fuse in the back which is fine but I put a new fuse in there just to see if it made any difference.

Update: I can get a very faint sound out of the right channel but it sounds like a blown speaker and no sound out of the left channel. (no speaker is not blown)

Here are some more pictures of the underside of the boards, the fuse I replaced underneath and the fuse in the back.

P1080235.jpg

(this is the fuse I replaced)
P1080236.jpg

P1080237.jpg

P1080241.jpg

P1080244.jpg

P1080250.jpg

P1080255.jpg

P1080256.jpg

P1080259.jpg

Going to just do some continuity tests throughout the amplifier starting at the chip board though I do not know if this is the customary way I do not see it likely being something earlier on but rather near the amp chips themselves...possibly bload and need replaced is my hypothesis. Really hope to get this going and will not stop until I do....

Hey. I just picked up the same receiver. Everything seems to be working well, but it doesn't light up, other than the AM/FM part on the left side when set to radio.
Did you simply replace the fuse to get the lights working? And if so, what Fuse is needed and where can i buy one?
thanks!
Edit: Mine is the 3125.

Last edited:
Interesting about Miida, which was a Japanese store or store chain. They didn't manufacture stereo equipment, they had others make it for them with their name on it. The same with Miida photography equipment. I have some of their Pentax screw mount extension tubes, and I have seen their lenses for sale on ebay several times, some of them are rather pricey. It's like Sears lenses, some of which are very good, but were actually made by Tokina or other lens makers for Sears. Does anybody recognize what Miida rebadged amplifier the OP has, if it was also sold in a similar version by the original manufacturer?

Back
Top Bottom