Miles Davis ~Porgy & Bess~

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Holy doctor jesus, I've never heard this album! I have it on cassette only, playing it through a recent Nak BX-300 addition. Started on side 2 Pray (Oh Doctor Jesus) was the song; wow O' wow. The entire Gershwin masterpiece with Miles and his crew, a life altering event. Sounds so smooth, great transitions.....I need an original on vinyl (it's hard to imagine it sounding better than what's playing now). After each side of the tape I felt the urge to stand and applaud, there hasn't been an album through my listening room that's brought this reaction in a long time!

Let me know if you want this one done on Classic Records 200g

R-2462007-1286339539.jpeg.jpg

Ray Charles & Cleo Laine ‎– Porgy & Bess
Label:
Classic Records ‎– JP-1831-200g
Format:
2 × Vinyl, LP
US
Released:
Genre:
Stage & Screen
Style:
Musical

This is an album I've only listened to a couple of times at most. Adding the orchestra to Miles has always thrown me off a bit - same goes for Sketches of Spain and the other Gil Evans collaborations.

I have an original 6-eye in pretty good condition and based on your post, I'll put it on and give it another shot.

Holy doctor jesus, I've never heard this album! I have it on cassette only, playing it through a recent Nak BX-300 addition. Started on side 2 Pray (Oh Doctor Jesus) was the song; wow O' wow. The entire Gershwin masterpiece with Miles and his crew, a life altering event. Sounds so smooth, great transitions.....I need an original on vinyl (it's hard to imagine it sounding better than what's playing now). After each side of the tape I felt the urge to stand and applaud, there hasn't been an album through my listening room that's brought this reaction in a long time!
Mobile Fidelity just released the 2 player 45 rpm Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess. Terrific !!!

Mobile Fidelity just released the 2 player 45 rpm Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess. Terrific !!!

Received mine last Friday after a 2 year repress wait! Number 0436, can't wait to get off these graveyard shifts and listen to it!

Back
Top Bottom