Mission 770 stands and their importance?

boostedb18

So i have a set of 770's and i love em. But all the reading ive done seems to point out how important the stands are. I dont have them :( . Right now they're on the floor and they sound great but sound better when i lay horizontal on my couch. So i think that the stands may be needed. I know they should be about 9" high but there is also some "Special angle" that they are set to. Can anyone confirm this? do you have the stands that you will be willing to take some sweet pic of for me :) pretty please??

Are you talking about the original 770s with the clear polypropylene woofers, and the white baffle? I have a set of these, and the stands. There is nothing magic about the stands, except for the cut out in the top, because the speaker terminals are on the bottom. I can check for you if you like? Unfortunately, I cannot use these, or certain other speakers yet, because they don't have grills. My three year old leaves speakers alone, but without grills that might be a different story...

Lee.

Yup those are the ones. If you wouldn't mind checking and maybe measuring how high they keep the speakers off the ground id be eternally grateful. Im pretty sure its 9" but they only reason i was so curious about the angle is i read the brochure for em. Probably just sales Propaganda but ya never know.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been meaning to go downstairs and measure the stands. Well, today I did it.

Mission 770 stands.
7-3/4" high.
Made from 1/2" MDF.
Top plate 10-5/16" x 10-5/16".
Bottom plate 11-3/4"w x 11-3/8"d.
Risers between top and bottom plates 6-3/4" high.
No height difference front to back (no angle).

Hope this helps,

Lee.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been meaning to go downstairs and measure the stands. Well, today I did it.

Mission 770 stands.
7-3/4" high.
Made from 1/2" MDF.
Top plate 10-5/16" x 10-5/16".
Bottom plate 11-3/4"w x 11-3/8"d.
Risers between top and bottom plates 6-3/4" high.
No height difference front to back (no angle).

Hope this helps,

Lee.
OK so I realize how old this thread is, but I've just picked up some Mk2 770s and remember the original stands, but I thought they tipped the speaker back a bit - any chance of a photo of these, I'm up for making some...

Thanks

Simon

Old thread but I had the same problem. I just finished making some grills for my 770s. Now making stands. I have opted to set the speakers up a bit higher than apparently the 8” of the original stands. Making stands that will sit the speakers about 15” off the floor. Get them more at listening level when sitting.

Attachments

• 42DB7395-819D-4772-BCE8-623B3CE8D859.jpeg
    42DB7395-819D-4772-BCE8-623B3CE8D859.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 24
IMG-20200620-WA0096.jpg 20200620_185315.jpg
A friend collected this 770 mk2 pair for me today. I believe they are original stands. From pictures it is a metal stand an looks like it sits in an angle. Needs restoring the woofers and the cabinets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom