1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitsubishi M-AV2 Receiver

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by jgmacv, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Morning all. I'd picked up this receiver over a year ago, one of my first "bay" purchases. I liked the looks and thought it looked classier than the Pioneer VSX-407 Receiver I'd had since new. Once it got here, it sounded so much better than the Pioneer, especially the surround/matrix effect. It was my main receiver until I caught the vintage silver bug. It went upstairs and I pretty much forgot about it. I've been selling some gear to finance for more gear, and considered selling this. I cleaned it up took some pics and hooked her up to my system. I forgot how nice this receiver sounds. I'm hesitant about selling it now, since my original plan was to have this as a bedroom/computer room unit, but other vintage gear took those spots. From what I remember in my research, this receiver was rated at 100 wpc and has all kinds of inputs/outputs, it is actually an audio/video receiver and I'm thinking an early surround sound receiver. Manufactured in 1988 and retailed for about $1000.00? I especially like the dark gray brushed aluminum finish and the hidden panel for some of the function controls. I've not seen many of these--just wanted to share.

Attached Files:

2. Chazb11

Chazb11 Vintage Human

Welcome to the world of audio hording....I mean collecting. :D

3. MikeCTM2

MikeCTM2 New Member

I thought it was 200 Watts not 100 Watts

anybody

4. Dclapp

Dclapp Active Member

Love it

I have one and absolutely LOVE IT. And it also has a wonderful FM tuner.