Moderator list?

moewillis

just to recap, i love recapping
Can we make a list of moderators and the sub forums they may focus on? It is difficult to locate who is actually a mod around here and I could see it being very difficult for a newer member not familiar with who's who. I know we have an adim list here

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?members/&type=staff

But a clearly labeled mod list of sorts may be helpful. If one exists or there isn't one for a reason I apologize and I will promptly delete this post. I saw some members in need and had trouble finding anything myself. Would be nice to have a link when telling someone to contact a moderator with issues

Thanks guys and gals

Last edited:
No worries!

An open question here. Are mods specific to sub forums or are mods over every sub?

It varies. Some of us are "super moderators," meaning we have moderation privileges in all the forums. Others are specific to particular forums.

Thanks rich! I did not know that.

I would think that would be all the more reason to have a list. That way if one need to contact a mod about something in a sub forum we could direct a query at someone directly involved in the sub.

Anyone is welcome to contact any moderator about anything. We can usually direct the inquiry correctly, even if we can't answer it. BTW, I don't have a current list of active mods and their assignments myself, though I could probably figure it out with enough effort.

See we could even help the mods out! ;)

Someone could just update a post in the ak rules sub when something changed (just an idea)

The easiest way to contact staff, when there is a problem with a post/thread, is to use the Report link, at the bottom of every post. All staff members can see that.

I understand that. I was just saying it would be nice to even know who the mods are and what forums they might be associated with. It's not always in regards to a problem with a post where something needs reported.

Just seemed like something that wouldn't be too hard to do and would be nice to reference if someone has a need to contact a mod. I can't think of a reason it's not put out there. Maybe there is :dunno:

I understand that. I was just saying it would be nice to even know who the mods are and what forums they might be associated with. It's not always in regards to a problem with a post where something needs reported.

Just seemed like something that wouldn't be too hard to do and would be nice to reference if someone has a need to contact a mod. I can't think of a reason it's not put out there. Maybe there is :dunno:
The old format had the mods that watch that sub forum and the bottom of the page.

Some of the mods like RichPA Tinkerbell, Mike Gibson, Fisherdude are very active members. I have seen many many mods over the years and have been here a long long time, but hardly a post or even mod much anymore. Take Sandy G for instants he's a mod but hell we can't even get him to say hi these day, I hope he's alright.

Anyway you can use the at in front of a name you know @moewillis but like Ernie said you can always use the Report link in the comment box and anyone online will see it.

The old format had the mods that watch that sub forum and the bottom of the page.

Some of the mods like RichPA Tinkerbell, Mike Gibson, Fisherdude are very active members. I have seen many many mods over the years and have been here a long long time, but hardly a post or even mod much anymore. Take Sandy G for instants he's a mod but hell we can't even get him to say hi these day, I hope he's alright.

Anyway you can use the at in front of a name you know @moewillis but like Ernie said you can always use the Report link in the comment box and anyone online will see it.

I understand that too. How could a member use the @ sign if they don't know who the mods are?

Someone shouldn't have to post or report a post to contact a mod.

All I was saying is we should have a list of current mods and maybe the subs they moderate. Guess well just keep it a secret

It would also be nice if a newbie had a question to be able to post a link to a mods list so they could contact who they need

All I was saying is we should have a list of current mods and maybe the subs they moderate. Guess well just keep it a secret

It's not like it's really a secret but like I said there is many mods that would be on that list. However it doesn't mean they are very active here anymore and sending them a PM might not get a response for week or more. I would and have PMed the mods that I see are active a lot, or used the report button.

It's not like it's really a secret but like I said there is many mods that would be on that list. However it doesn't mean they are very active here anymore and sending them a PM might not get a response for week or more. I would and have PMed the mods that I see are active a lot, or used the report button.

But it is kind of a secret. If it's not listed in public it is secret. Read rich's response. When a supermod who is active can't even think of all the mods is that a good thing? Maybe a good chance to clean up some of the inactive mods as well. If someone hasn't been around for months/years do they still need mod privileges? (Different discussion I know)

I didn't think this was a big ask. I envisioned a post in ak rules with mods listed in categories with short descriptions

Admins (people who run the site)
@a
@b
@c

Super mods (mods who have access to all forums)
@a
@b
@c

Sub forum mods (people who have access to specific forums)

@a (pioneer forum mod)
@b (mcintosh forum mod)
@c (dollars and sense mod)

A person could then click on the names, see when they were last active, and directly message them in private. Is this a bad idea or something?

Last edited:
FWIW, I don't necessarily know who takes care of it behind the scenes but every time I've reported a post, for whatever reason, it has been dealt with and or answered pretty quickly.

FWIW, I don't necessarily know who takes care of it behind the scenes but every time I've reported a post, for whatever reason, it has been dealt with and or answered pretty quickly.

Me too! And i don't know who all the mods are either

Back
Top Bottom